Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI)
Company NAme: Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI)
Posted Date: 2023-09-19
- Transforming 100 TVTs towards enabling one million young people to find dignified and fulfilling work;
- Enhancing the employability of young people through skilling and enterprise development;
- Facilitating innovative access to finance and market linkages; and
- Improving enabling environment for entrepreneurship and enterprise development.
- Design and facilitate an inclusive, accessible and innovative financial products for youth, women, and other marginalized groups.
- Design, experiment and implement various innovative access to finance program initiatives such as concessional loan, psychometric loan due diligence, AI enabled lending, credit risk guarantees, interest rate subsidies, non-collateral solutions, financial literacy training etc.
- Develop strategic initiatives and programs to effectively incentivize financial institutions to increase their lending interest and capabilities for MSMEs.
- Research, evaluate and identify appropriate financial products, services and channels to expand MSME access to finance.
- Leading the development and implementation of financial literacy/intelligence training and BDS programs to enhance access to finance opportunities for MSMEs including but not limited to financial planning, investment readiness, export readiness, record keeping, business plan development etc.
- Facilitate and promote market development and linkages for MSMEs owned by youth and women
- Develop market linkage initiatives linking MSMEs to anchor companies, export channels, e-commerce platforms, and other new markets.
- Research and identify potential new markets, customer segments, and distribution channels for enterprises enterprise products/services
- Analyze market trends, competition, and customer needs in target markets to identify opportunities for growth, develop market entry and expansion strategies tailored to key target markets
- Organize trade missions, events, and business matchmaking to connect enterprises with potential new buyers and partners
- Provide market intelligence to enterprises regarding regulations, standards, pricing, cultural considerations in target markets
- Share best practices, success stories, and lessons learned from market expansion projects across the enterprise portfolio
- Develop strategic partnerships with financial institutions, technology companies, anchor firms, industry associations, development agencies, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Co-develop customized MSME lending and market linkage programs nationally and internationally.
- Initiate partnerships with distributors, sales agents, retailers, or other channels to access new markets establish relationships with key stakeholders in the ecosystem that can integrate local enterprises into their supply chains
- Facilitate linkages between MSMEs and potential investors, crowd funding platforms, angel investor groups
- Represent the organization and coordinate activities through regular engagement with partners.
- Document successes, challenges, and lessons learned working with partners to guide future improvements
- The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of SEED program manager and operates in close collaboration with other project personnel.
- Prepare donor reports detailing program activities, results, lessons learned and recommendations.
- Document program processes, guidelines and manuals to enable replication.
- Masters’ degree from a recognized University in Business Management, Financial Intelligence, Accounting and Finance, Economics, and related disciples. A certification in business advisory services/entrepreneurship development will be considered an advantage. Experiences working in facilitating innovative finances and market linkages for enterprises is essential.
- Minimum of 8 years’ professional experiences in a related post.
- In-depth knowledge of MSME finance needs, challenges, and operating environments
- Understanding of innovative financial products such as mobile money, digital lending, value chain finance
- Familiarity with latest fintech innovations and alternative credit scoring models
- Quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills to assess product feasibility.
- Ability to analyze risk of new financial products and structure appropriate terms.
- Knowledge of lending methodologies and credit evaluation principles
- Experience negotiating win-win partnerships with financial institutions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to “sell” new solutions to partners.
- Strong research, critical thinking, communication, and presentation abilities
- Confident and dynamic personality with strong creative outlook.
How to Apply