International Community School of Addis Ababa
Company NAme: International Community School of Addis Ababa
Posted Date: 2023-09-15
Job Type:Full time
Salary: Per ICS support staff salary scale
The Admissions Associate as member of Admissions department is the face of ICS Addis to new families, working as an advocate for new families to ensure they have an intentional, engaging and meaningful experience. The role requires the ability to work independently, without daily supervision; strong and proactive communication ability; attention to detail; and empathy for parents and students in stressful situations. The Associate provides families with their first impression of ICS, a critical element of a positive school experience.
Point of Contact for New Families: responsible for providing wrap-around support for new families from first contact through successful induction.
● Must be knowledgeable of all aspects of the ICS educational and extra- curricular programs and able to answer parent inquiries regarding admissions policy and processes.
● Required to work independently and in a self-directed manner on all daily and weekly tasks.
● Provide proactive communication to prospective families.
● Identify possible applicant families and nurture prospective student leads.
● Stay knowledgeable about and communicate admissions policy in a proactive, consistent and transparent manner.
● Direct parents through the online application process, including in-person assistance with the online application system.
● Manage admissions process, including receiving applications, communicating with parents regarding problems, following up on outstanding requirements, problem-solving online application issues.
● Review applications and record any admissions concerns or red flags.
● Manage acceptance and enrollment process for accepted students.
● Communicate admissions decisions to families (acceptance, denial or wait list).
● Support any admissions office events for prospective or new families.
● Answer parent inquiries (email, phone, in person), conduct campus tours.
● Attend school events and be a positive and approachable presence for parents and colleagues.
● Serve as an advocate of the school and its mission and values to the broader community.
● Work collaboratively with the Admissions and Communications Team to support families in every stage of the school experience.
● Acting Admissions Director in absence of Admissions Director during summer and holiday breaks when assigned.
● Support the Registrar when needed.
● Other responsibilities as needed.
● BA degree in related field while Master’s degree is preferred
● 5+ years experience as an administrative or executive assistant in an international set up
● Experience and training in education is highly desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Ability to interact in a professional, friendly and sensitive manner with all community members
● Ability to independently problem-solve and make decisions based on school policies and guidelines
● Ability to demonstrate professional competence and mastery of subject matter
● International experience and exposure to different cultures and language backgrounds
● Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
● Able to anticipate and accommodate prospective family transitional needs
● Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to multitask
● Highly collaborative colleague willing to listen to and learn from others
● Willing to go above and beyond delegated duties to get the job done well and timely.
● Strong attention to detail and ability to develop and understand processes and systems
● Fluency with technology, including experience with basic software, and ability to learn new systems and software is required
● Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Amharic, with demonstrated accuracy, clarity and personalization. Additional languages are a plus.
● Enjoy working closely with diverse people and thrives in a team environment.
● An outgoing, friendly and inclusive approach is essential for success in the role
● Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
● Willing to put in extra hours depending on job demands
How to Apply
Interested candidates fulfilling the minimum requirements are invited to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org until 25 September 2023.This position is a support staff position and payment will be based on local support staff salary.
Note: copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters should not be included with your application. You will provide the documents upon request.
Child Protection – Safe Recruitment Practices
As part of our recruitment practices atour school, employees are required to possess and validate appropriate qualifications for all positions. For all potential hires, wecommunicate directly with previous references to ensure due diligence within the recruitment process.Once at school, ICS has a professional code of conduct, including Child Protection training reviewed with employees and signed annually.