Website FRI-EL Ethiopia Farming and Processing PLC
Company Name: FRI-EL Ethiopia Farming and Processing PLC
Posted Date: 2023-11-02
Job Type: Full time
Salary: As per the company scale.
Company Background and Project Description
Fri-El Ethiopia Farming and Processing plc is an Italian company that was established in 2007 and is engaged in agricultural production and processing in the South Omo zone, Dassenech woreda, Omorate. The project is located in the SNNP region at West Omo Zone at Dasenech Woreda. The farm is situated along the Riverside of Omo at about 870 km away from Addis Ababa, 370 km away from Arba Minch (North Omo Zone), and 210 km from Jinka town.
As a first-phase project we are currently developing the 10,000 hectares of land we have acquired from the government with the aim to take 20,000 hectares of additional land in the second phase. With a phase-by-phase transformation of technologies in agricultural production from traditional to state-of-the-art production systems and from semi-mechanized to fully mechanized farming systems, so far, we have developed more than 30% of the land we acquired.
Currently, our production is mainly focused on bananas, watermelon, and mung beans on a modern and commercial level. Trial production on cotton, ginger, sunflower, and vegetables has shown huge potential and there is a plan to produce these at the commercial level in the 2024 crop season.
For more please visit our website – https://www.fri-el-ethiopia.com/
Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and supervises the agronomic, crop protection, and overall field operations of the cotton, banana, and vegetable farm
- Prepares the annual production plan, budget, and work program of the farms and directs the various farming units to implement the approved annual plan and work program of the farms.
- Prepares a short- and medium-term agricultural production supply scheme and ensures the execution of the same.
- Direct and supervise the correct application of agronomic guidelines.
- Ensures the availability of adequate manpower, seed or seedlings, machinery and equipment, spare parts, inputs, etc. required for the operational activities. and controls the efficient use of resources,
- plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and supervises the provision of agronomic and crop protection support services to cotton fields.
- ensures and follows up on the timely harvest and transportation of farm products.
- Monitors the field operations and management activities through regular follow-up, compares the actual execution of performance against targets, and takes corrective measures as necessary.
- Ensures and follows up that the necessary human and logistical preparations are made prior to the operation periods.
Salary: As per the company scale.
Location – Remote – Omorate town, Dassenech Wereda, South Omo zone.
Job Requirements, Qualifications, Skills, and competence required for the position
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s degree in Plant Science/ Agronomy/ Horticulture/ Related fields.
Work Experience: –
- 10 (Ten) years’ experience with four years of managerial position for a Bachelor’s degree or 6 (Six) years’ experience with at least two years of managerial position for a master’s degree.
Skills and Competences –
- Communication, Planning, monitoring, coordination, leadership, budgeting, cost-consciousness, computer, and similar technology skills are required.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please use the following link: Careers (email@example.com) Or Search under the following website: https://www.fri-el-ethiopia.com/careers/
Attach your application letter,and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (with credential documents)on/before the application deadline of November 30, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Contact Number: Addis Ababa office Tel. 011 5 58 20 77 / +251 911 06 06 43.
Fri-El Ethiopia is dedicated to diversity and is an equal-opportunity employer.