Company NAme: German Embassy
Posted Date: 2023-09-13
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Addis Ababa seeks to recruit a suitably qualified applicants
for a limited period of employment until 31 March 2025.
The job description is as follows:
- Handling and initial assessment of visa applications
- Conducting interviews at the counter
- Entering of applicant’s data into the electronic visa system
- Dealing with client queries by phone, email or in person
- Providing translation and interpretation from Amharic to English or vice versa
- Administrative support of the Entry Clearance Officers
The Embassy is offering a full-time position with a working time of 40 hours.
Regarding the contractual relationship, Ethiopian law will be applicable. Salary is based on the Embassy’s current salary scheme. Benefits such as medical insurance are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions. Probation period is 3 months.
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany guarantees equal opportunities for women and men and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply for the position.
Within the legal framework applicants with severe disabilities will receive preferential treatment, if they possess the same professional qualifications as their competitors.
- B.A. or professional experience in the administrative field
- Excellent knowledge of Amharic and English (both compulsory)
- Preferably sufficient command of the German language in reading and writing (applicants with higher language proficiency in German will be preferred)
- Knowledge of the following language will be considered an asset: Tigrinya, Somali, Oromo, Arabic, French
- Working knowledge of standard IT programs (Word, Excel and similar)
- Equitable, honest and professional behaviour with both the public and colleagues
- Reliability, commitment and dedication to the job
- Interest and ability to work in a service-oriented environment
- Willingness to obtain a working knowledge of special software used in the visa section
- Capable to work in a team, showing politeness and respect
How to Apply
- Your curriculum vitae, stating e-mail-address and phone number, with a recent photograph
- A motivational statement in English or German language
- Proof of qualification (degrees, certifications, etc.)
- References of previous employers
- Copy of your passport and/or Kebele ID-Card
- Foreign nationals have to provide a permit for employment under local law
to German Embassy, Administration, Yeka Kifle Ketema, Woreda 03, Addis Ababa or PO Box 660, Addis Ababa
Late applications and applications by e-mail will not be considered. Do not send original documents. The Embassy will neither acknowledge receipt of applications, nor return documents or reply to any queries about the state of an application.
Should your application be considered, you will be informed in October 2023 and be invited to the Embassy for an interview. You will then be required to present original documents. Please note that the Embassy is unable to refund travel expenses arising from interviews. Should you not be invited for an interview, please accept that your application was not successful.
Please note that the selected applicant is obliged to undergo a medical examination and pass security clearance by the German authorities.