Company Name:* INKOMOKO
Posted Date: 2024-02-09
Job Type: N/A
#Business and Administration, Business Development, Economics
About the Company
Inkomoko supports entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in order to improve livelihoods, create jobs, and help communities thrive.
Founded in 2012, Inkomoko has worked with more than 60,000 entrepreneurs across East Africa, including thousands of refugee entrepreneurs. Inkomoko provides a combination of training, consulting, access to finance, and market-level systems change. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Africa.
Inkomoko has +390 staff in 30 offices across Rwanda, Kenya, Ethiopia, and South Sudan. Through Inkomoko’s 2030 strategic plan, we are adding 4 additional countries to improve the lives of more than 7.6M people by serving more than 550,000 entrepreneurs and investing $150M into refugee & host communities across Africa.
All staff at Inkomoko are connected to a shared set of organizational values:
- Purpose:be solutions-oriented, produce high-quality work, be a global leader.
- Achievement:push yourself to reach beyond what you previously thought possible.
- Improvement:be humble, engage in continuous growth through open & accurate feedback.
- Bravery:willing to take risks, create a safe space for others, be compassionate, inclusive.
- We Eat Goat:we celebrate success and support each other in hard times.
Inkomoko is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Refugees, women, and persons who reflect the diverse communities we serve are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Opportunity
Inkomoko seeks a highly talented, organized, and serious individual to help implement our market linkages.
The Business Development Advisor will join our Market Linkages team with core responsibilities as follows:
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify and engage potential buyers in the local and regional markets. This work will involve meeting buyers in various sectors, understanding their supply and procurement needs.
- Build and maintain good long-term relationships with buyers in local, regional, and national markets.
- Share supplier-shortlists with potential buyers in the local and regional markets.
- Scan local and regional markets for opportunities suitable for our clients.
- Work with other business advisors to identify clients to recommend for market opportunities.
- Carry out strategic vetting for buyers via understanding our clients and their capacity to meet buyer needs.
- Provide recruitment and training support, as needed.
- Share Market Linkage-specific learnings with other departments, including M&E team and Business Growth Services
- Work with the Business Development and Investment teams to a registry of clients with market linkages potential.
- Share market information and support our clients to apply for market opportunities (e.g. tender) in and beyond their communities.
- Highly energetic. We want someone who thrives from being on the field and talking to people.
- Sales-oriented: We are looking for people who will be able to secure contracts/deals for our clients.
- Relationship-building skills: we are looking for relationship builders. Someone who is no stranger to strangers.
- Strong business-acumen:Someone with an ability to spot and communicate business opportunities quickly.
- Self-Starter:Someone who will need minimal training and will be ready to learn on the fly.
- Field-based:All graduate trainees will be based on the field, and ideally from locations where they are posted.
- At least 1 year of work experience
- College degree in any field – marketing and sales preferred.
What You’ll Get
This role is inside a high-growth, mission-driven social enterprise. By joining, you’ll access:
- Competitive salary, and potential Goal-based bonus
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth
- Diverse colleagues and policies that show our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Talented, passionate, and committed team colleagues across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact to your community
- Generous health insurance, staff savings, parental leave, sabbatical, and more benefits.
How to Apply
If you’re excited about this role, please submit your application through the application portal.
Tell us about what you’ll bring to this growing company.
Inkomoko is committed to justice, diversity, equity and inclusion. As we seek to reflect the communities we serve, refugees and women are strongly encouraged to apply. As a company we have policies that ensure fair treatment in the application process.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Employment is conditional upon successful background checks and other verification as needed.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and background screening checks. Inkomoko also participates in theInter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual misconduct, fraud, or abuse. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.