Website Coalition of Ethiopian Civil Society Organizations for Elections (CECOE)
Company Name: Coalition of Ethiopian Civil Society Organizations for Elections (CECOE)
Posted Date: 2023-11-21
Job Type: Full time
#Engineering, Information Technology, Communications, PR and Journalism
The Coalition of Ethiopian Civil Society Organizations for Elections (CECOE) is a coalition of over 175 civil society organizations operating in all regional states and the two city administrations. CECOE was established in 2019 to augment and coordinate the role of Ethiopian CSOs in election observation, monitoring, voter education, and preventing post-electoral conflicts. CECOE has a proven track record of success, having observed the 6th General Election of Ethiopia, the Sidama referendum, the South West Ethiopia Peoples’ Region referendums, and the South Ethiopia referendum. CECOE has also been engaged in various advocacy activities, including advocating for electoral reforms, peacebuilding, and enhancing the participation of women in Ethiopian politics.
Scope of Work:
The Capacity Building Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Managing and maintaining CECOE’s IT systems, including its website, database, email server, and social media accounts.
- Developing and implementing knowledge management systems to capture, store, and share CECOE’s knowledge and expertise.
- Producing and managing CECOE’s publications and other communications materials.
- Supporting staff members whenever they encounter challenges with computers, software, mobile, and network devices.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining software and hardware components of computer and network systems
- Working with the team to support and carry out project work supporting CECOE’s advocacy work through the use of IT and knowledge management.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish, and share periodic content (original text, images, video, or HTML) that builds meaningful connections with members and other stakeholders
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Set up and optimize CECOE’s pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the organization’s social content
The Capacity Building Officer will have the following key responsibilities:
- Website and Social Media Management: Developing and executing social media strategies; creating content, optimizing CECOE’s pages and social media content, and fostering community interaction.
- Knowledge management: Develop and implement knowledge management systems to capture, store, and share CECOE’s knowledge and expertise. This may include developing and maintaining a knowledge base, developing and delivering training on knowledge management, and facilitating knowledge sharing among CECOE staff.
- IT support: Provide IT support to CECOE staff, including troubleshooting IT problems, providing training on new IT tools and systems, and assisting with IT projects.
- Communications and publications: Produce and manage CECOE’s publications and other communications materials, including developing and implementing social media strategies.
- Advocacy: Support CECOE’s advocacy work through the use of IT and knowledge management tools. This may include developing and maintaining websites and social media pages for advocacy and campaigns and using data to support advocacy efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, journalism, public relations, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in social media and website management
- Experience in developing and implementing knowledge management systems.
- Positive attitude, detail, and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral).
- Experience with social media and content management systems is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the requirements can apply by filling out this FORM
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for this vacancy is November 30, 2023