Company NAme: ZOA
Posted Date: 2023-09-19
Job Type:Full time
Salary: 248.80 to 319.04 Euro
We are here for our neighborsin need, who are suffering in this broken world.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
Cashier and Store keeper
ZOA’s programme in Ethiopia
ZOA works in several regions in Ethiopia: Gambella Regional State (field office in Gambella Town),Somali Regional State (field office in Dolo Ado andMelkadida refugee camp), Tigray Regional State (field office in Shireand Mekelle), Oromia Regional State (field office in Harar), AmharaandAddis Ababa. In Ethiopia, ZOA works with Internally Displaced People (IDPs), host populations, persons with disabilities, returnees, and a large population of refugees who fled a combination of violence and drought in Somalia, South Sudan and Eritrea.
What we offer
ZOA offers a challenging position with a lot of responsibilities. We offer good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector (including, but not limited to: medical, accident and life insurances, provident fund, training options).
The role of Cashier & Store keeper is to undertake activities for the achievement of the objectives of East Harargie Program through store keeping, Office Management and cash handling according to the country strategy, program manual & other guidelines for the program office.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Keeps all financial, purchase and property documents.
- Handle petty cash and makes payments as authorize by the Admin and finance officer
- Prepares payroll of the office and effect payments as approved by the Admin and finance officer
- Records daily transactions using the accounting systems of ZOA and keeps complete financial documents systematically and safely
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial report of the office and submit to the finance officer for review
- Keep fixed assets register of the office.
- Takes year-end inventory of the office.
- Keep full record of vehicles such as fuel consumption: maintenance schedules, types etc.
- Ensure that office facilities and materials are used for intended purpose, kept safe and clean.
- Ensures all financial activities are made as per the guidelines of ZOA
- Ensure appropriate records, up-to – data inventory and management of store
- Receive and count incoming stock with details on delivery order or Waybill, reports any loss or damage in writing to logistics department
- Store properly all materials received according to first in first out inventory system and providing ready access for inventory and inspection and facilitate removal with minimum easy
- Keep stock records and registers of stored items with the Bin and Stock cards
- Balance the Bin cards against the stock cards
- Counts, checks, and supplies items as per approval/authorized store releases
- Makes periodic checks or records against stocks held and reports any inconsistencies to both finance officer and program coordinator without delay
- Make sure that inventory items are stored appropriately with adequate protection against weather, insects & rodents, fire, and theft. Store commodity groups separately.
- Ensure that the warehouse is clean and tidy, safe, and secured always
- Perform other duties assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
Your Total Rewards package at ZOA
Competitive salaries and financial security – we know how important these are to you and your family.
- Salariesthat match the local market and we pay you in EUR.
- Annual salary reviewbased on the cost of living in your location/Ethiopia.
- Annual Salary increasebased on annual performance review
- Transportation allowance:ETB5,000 per month.
- Airtime Allowance:We provide data and airtime to enable you to conduct your work outside of the office.
- we provide a closed user group so you can speak to your colleagues at no cost.
- Food Allowance:we provide lunch daily at our offices, ZOA pays 600 ETB per month and staff contribute 400 ETB per month.
- Severance payment:one month’s salary for an extra service year.
- Hardship Allowance:If you are working in identified places as a remote and hazardous by the government, you will be entitled 20-40% additional allowances of their basic salary. Therefore, we provide 40% hardship allowance to ZOA employees working in Gambella, Dollo Ado and Shire field offices.
- Transfer Allowance:We provide transfer allowance of10,000ETB If, in case of you permanently shift or transfer to a new programme area.
We recognize you have priorities outside of work.
Our flexible paid time off package gives you the flexibility you need.
- Annual Leave: 20 days of annual leave in addition to public holidays, and you are also granted one extra day for each extra full year.
- Enhanced Maternity Leave provision, 4 months
- PaternityLeave5 working days.
- Rest and Recuperation (R&R): We provide you 5 working days for every consecutive 12 weeks of work R&R leave to unaccompanied staff who work away from their permanent place of residence to spend time with their family. Therefore, ZOA provides R&R leave for its employees who work in the program offices in Somali, Gambela, and Tigray regions.
4.InsuranceProvident Fund+Pension:: 32% (22% from ZOA and 10% from You.LifeinsuranceMedical Insurance:We also covers your dependents, and your medical expenditures are covered by ZOA up to 100% of each invoice, up to a defined maximum refunded amount of Br200,000 ETBper annum.
We care about your health and wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive health package and initiatives to support your wellbeing.
- Covid-19:free vaccination and PCR test
- We have established asocial committee in every region.
Learning & Development
- Professional developmentprogramme and support with funding for a relevant qualification.
- Study/exam leaves
- Training and coaching module
Competencies, Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma (10+3) or Technical (TVT) Diploma in Store Management, Accounting, Procurement Management or Management
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Cashier and/or storekeeper preferably in NGO sector;
- Inventory Management training certificate
- Computer literate
- Excellent inter personnel skills and able to work in a team
- Willingness and ability to be flexible
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Resolves discrepancies in requisitions, purchase orders, and delivery reports by contacting vendors or requesters
- Ability to act in a professional and ethical manner
- Good Communications Skill both English and local language
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and demanding workload
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to and understanding of ZOA’s aims, values and principles;
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results in line with ZOA core values;
- Good knowledge of CHS and capacitate partners to work in adherence to CHS;
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved;
- Creates a managerial environment in-country to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self;
- Widely shares personal vision for ZOA, engages and motivates others;
Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues, members, donors and partners;
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
- Willing to take calculated risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency;
- Always acts in the best interests of children.
How to Apply
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via Ethiojobs.net.
CV’s of no more than 3 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Please note that, as part of its recruitment process, ZOA carries out background and reference checks for all candidates. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment).
“Women are highly encouraged to apply for the position”
Also we reserve the right to stop accepting applications before the end date if we find a suitable candidate.