Women Empowerment – Action
Company NAme: Women Empowerment – Action
Posted Date: 2023-09-15
Job Type:Full time
Salary: As per the organization salary scale
Women Empowerment-Action (WE-Action) is an indigenous non-political, non- religious, non-profit, humanitarian and development-oriented civil society organization working in Ethiopia to the improvement of the social, economic, and physical well-being of the poor women in particular and the community in general. Currently the organization is operating in three regions SNNPR, Amhara and Oromia National Regional States.
WE-Action envisions “Ethiopian women empowered”.
Currently, WE-Action is seeking to hire competent, qualified and interested candidate for Female applicants preferable.
Note: – WE-Action has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) and any forms of Gender-Based Violence.
Scope of the position
The Communication and Publication Officer supports the broad WE-Action communication activities, create, implement and oversee communications programs, be it internal or external, that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products.
Communication and publication:
- Draft/update the organization’s communications strategy.
- Undertake the necessary communication, public relation arrangements, photographs and video recordings during organizational workshops, meetings, board and general assembly.
- Develop contents for each project achievements in collaboration with program operations and humanitarian operations sections for print, website, blog, brochures, rollups, posters, banners and newsletter.
- Develop short documentary videos on the organization’s activities and achievements and upload in organizational website and social media outlets and communicate to staff, donors and key government stakeholders.
- Develop, write, and edit communications (blog posts, social media content, press releases
- Revise organizational profile and publication of profiles and provide to Business Development and Partnership manager for partnership communications.
- Organize and direct promotional events for the organization.
- Recommend techniques to improve WE-Action’s public image.
- Serve as point of contact for media and public enquiries.
- Develop/ update and implement visibility and communication material for each project based on the requirement of each project funding partners.
- Ensure that all communications material align with WE-Action brand’s standards
- Develops and maintains various communications channels and materials.
- Writes WE-Action news and articles on key developments
- Maintain digital media archives (photos, videos)
- Participate and represent WE-Action in public relations and communication meetings.
Website and Social media Management:
- Update the organization website with communication materials and use the website as one mechanism to attract new partners and influence their decision to work with WE-Action.
- Ensures website contents remain relevant.
- Promote communications and marketing materials through social media (Face book, Twitter, Telegram, etc)
- Creates interactive social media contents that increases institutional visibility of WE-Action
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Monitor WE-Action’s social media and online presence (Website, Facebook, Telegram, Twitter, etc.)
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies.
- Monitors media alerts and relevant publications.
- Train/orient staffs on media and communication mechanisms (Photography and videography)
Compliance and Performance
- Read, understand and strictly respect donors and government compliances and support field office to respect the required compliance.
- Strictly follow and adhere to organizational policy and standardization manuals.
Gender and Social Inclusion and Accountability
- Participate and contribute for organization gender and accountability work.
- Mainstreaming gender, social inclusion and accountability. Plan, implement and report gender equality, social inclusions and accountability activities in your respective areas of responsibility.
Accountability and transparency
- Ensure that communications and products of WE-Action are visible in project area.
- Adhere to the organization accountability framework; communicate for employees for effective implementations.
- Implement WE- Action compliances to Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and develop communities’ capacity accordingly.
- Participate in external verification process of WE- Action Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Conduct routine risk assessments, monitor and report any issues related to Safeguarding.
- Able to seek appropriate advice and report concerns, and feel confident that they have been understood.
- Understands local safeguarding structures and arrangements.
- Practices in a manner that seeks to reduce the risk of abuse, harm or neglect.
- Identifies and refers to appropriate services any other associated persons including careers, family members and children at risk.
- Able to document safeguarding concerns, and maintain appropriate record-keeping, recording the wishes and views of the adult or child at risk, differentiating between fact and opinion.
- Gather feedback and complaints on any concerns of the project implementation and organization and formally document and report back to field offices with a confidential and secure manner.
Location: Addis Ababa, Head Office
Reports to: Business Development and Partnership Manager
Salary: As per the organization salary scale
Number of positions: 1 (One)
Employment Type: Full time for one year with the possibility of extension based on the performance and budget source
- MA/MSc/BA/BSc in Disaster Risk Management and Sustainable development, Sociology, Development Studies, Health, Gender Studies and related fields Studies
- 3 years related work experience for MA/MSc and 6 years work experience for BA/BSc holders of which 2 years experiences in emergency program/emergency project coordinator position in NGOs
Key skills and competency required
The Emergency Program Coordinator requires demonstration of the following competence:
- Program Management: Understand program quality, knowledge management and M and E program design and implementation.
- Stakeholders Management: Establish system and matrices for effective stakeholders’ management.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and organizational practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization. Demonstrate strong personality and integrity.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization particularly with current partners and sponsors; command a professional image.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner including by phone with several stakeholders; articulate the organizational’ mission, program objectives with relevant stakeholders.
- Creativity/Innovation: in respective areas of responsibility develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Organize: in respective areas of responsibility set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor the progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: in respective areas of responsibility determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Reporting Skills: Quality and timely report development, strong attention to detail and editing skills
- Self- Management: Is self-directed, eager to meet and exceed objectives, and excited to take on more responsibility.
- Gender Sensitive: Understands gender equality and demonstrate gender sensitive and responsive behaviors.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their non-returnable application letter and updated CV through Ethiojobs.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
Name of the position you have applied for
Summary ofyour qualifications and experience
Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors.