Ethiopian Construction Design & Supervision Works Corporation
Company NAme: Ethiopian Construction Design & Supervision Works Corporation
Posted Date: 2023-09-15
Job Type:Full time
Salary: As per the company scale
To this, the Corporation is emerging as an Engineering and Investment Group. The proposed name of the Group is‘’Ethiopian Engineering and Investment Group (EEIG)’’. The Group will comprise of three main operational business units i.e., Consultancy, Construction and Investment.
EEIG-Constructionbusiness unit key activities are high-end complex construction projects, predominately high-rise commercial and residential buildings, real-estate; infrastructure (roads, railways and airports) & water and energy sector construction. EEIG-Construction alone would grow into a conglomerate of several business units including Piling, underground and foundation Works, Fit-Out, Energy (Solar Solutions), Electro- Mechanical Solution, Facility Management, Landscape and Construction Materials Production.
EEIG Construction is launched with the vision of being the best construction company in Ethiopia with a strategy of Timeously executing high-end complex projects, by utilizing proactive management skills as a Design and Build Contractor in order to achieve an optimum return and aspiring to be a competitive and preferred choice that can replace the current dependence on international contractors and deliver excellence. EEIG Construction will uphold Courage, Integrity, Reliability, Value for its People and Innovation as its core values.
Position Overview/Scope of role:
This position is responsible for managing and implementing all phases of multiple construction projects from planning and design to construction and completion. He/ She Coordinates, organizes, and collaborates with project engineers, consultants, client, and other agencies regarding design issues project delivery and permitting. Prepares design solutions, provides plan and specification review, and assists with preparation of shop drawings, packages, material selection… Performs scheduling, tracking and timely update of all design related issues as well as inspections/monitoring.
Top Roles and Responsibilities:
. Conducts and manages activities to conceptualize, evaluate alternatives and receive approvals for project implementation:
. Defines project work scopes, coordinates with permitting and public/private utility agencies, collects and reviews project documentation, performs field data collection, analyzes alternatives and prepares recommendations and applications. Create and maintain BIM software template files to assure standards.
· Collaborates with engineers, client, consultants, permit agencies, suppliers and sub-contractors during all phases of projects, and to identify and address immediate project needs during construction phase insuring standard production and documentation of all design documents.
· Prepares agendas, leads, and participates in project and construction meetings. Participates in regular on-site contractor meetings to discuss project schedule and milestones.
· Provides functional and technical direction to consultants on construction projects and coordinates, organizes, and collaborates with project inspectors, project engineers, consultants, and contractors regarding project schedules, upcoming construction activities, and disputes in specifications.
· Prepares requests for proposals for construction projects, solicits design proposals from consultants, evaluates proposals for award recommendation, participates in creating contracts for selected consultants, and ensures the executed work compliance including tracking, maintaining and reporting on project accounting and schedule
. Negotiates, facilitates, and prepares change orders for construction projects, prepares scope amendments, and solicits change order
· approval from other project stake holders.
· Provides quality assurance in reviewing consultant design and construction documents to ensure project needs are met, best management practices are implemented, and deliverables are provided.
· Keeps line manager and designated others accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems. Prepares regular progress reports for capital projects with status reporting of scope, schedule and budget.
· Analyzes and reviews federal, state, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in order to ensure compliance; conducts analysis on best practices, monitors trends, and formulates/implements recommendations
· May design and prepare engineering construction plans under the direction of a registered Professional Engineer.
· Manage the implementation of the full BIM potential in terms of collaboration, clash detection and resolution of digitally constructed building elements.
· Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating new version releases and customization of product.
. Manage distribution of coordinated digital documents to the project team.
Critical criteria/Skill to be successful in this role:
· Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions and coordinating project delivery tasks.
· Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
. Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approach to problem
· Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
· Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problemsolving and decision-making.
· Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
· Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
· Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work/project done, budget management and accounting for expenditures.
· Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
· Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the internal/external audience and upper management.
· Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
· Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
. Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help your work team and customers.
Barriers to Success in role:
· Lack of basic management leadership and management skills.
· Lake of Positive and proactive mindset
· Lack of transparency
· Lack in communication and coordination skills
· Inability to meet deadlines
. Lack of resilience
. Bsc in Architecture, Civil Engineering
. 5 years and above experience in which 1 year in a senior position (experience from international company will be given a priority)
How to Apply
KEY NOTE BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE
1. Ensure you fulfill the minimum set requirement.
2. If you fulfill the above, then you are expected to submit throughEthiojobs,your updatedCValong with anmotivation letter on why you want to beconsideredfor this position.
3. All those that do not fulfill the above requirements will be rejected automatically.
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted