Save the Children
Company NAme: Save the Children
Posted Date: 2023-09-18
Job Type:Full time
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more) because he/she works in community level. So that the role holder has knowhow and act towards ensuring organization’s child safeguarding policy (Awareness creation for prevention, reporting and responding).
To coordinate effective implementation of education in the IDP and the host Community, inter-camp coordination, and monitoring of activities. The holder will be responsible for effective budget management and utilization as well as quality internal and donor reporting. The education coordinator will be responsible for effective project management, implementation and supporting teachers and other education staff. The role holder will also be tasked to supporting the education Cluster members and providing technical guidance.
Job-specific roles and responsibilities
- Performance management and supervision of all Education staff.
- Lead and motivate the education Team to ensure effective project implementation.
- Ensure key problems are brought to the attention of the Program Manager and other relevant senior staff for discussion and review.
- Develop planning documents- Phased budget, detailed implementation plan and procurement plans for the education projects and ensure timely implementation.
- Preparation of monthly education project reports and ensure consistent filing of all education documents.
- Work with MEAL to ensure updated project indicators and target beneficiaries.
- Digitize the record keeping for learners and ensure electronic files of all learners in the education program.
- Ensure that all relevant staff receives appropriate induction and training.
- Make regular support visits to camps.
- Monitoring and evaluation of programme activities:
- Maintain and update the education data base and ensure cross-referral between education and CP sectors.
- Management and supervision of ABE centres and capacity development of teachers.
- Work with project staff to assist in the development of new project proposals and the evaluation and documentation of programme activities.
- Mentor the relevant staff to facilitate the continued development of his project, budget and personnel management capacity.
- Lead in assessments, evaluations and report writing for all education related projects.
- Act as the cluster focal person with support from the PM.
- Update project tools in line with SCI project management platforms (PRIME).
Monitoring , Evaluation and Reporting
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team for monitoring and evaluation of programme activities including taking corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure IPTT and indicator progress are updated on a monthly basis
- Document programme learning and ensuring it contributes to organizational advocacy.
- Maintain an up to date information pack of various aspects affecting the beneficiaries in liaison with the other program teams and do analysis of the reports.
- Ensure timely implementation of budgeted activities in addition to budget tracking and control and ensure clarity of reports on the various advocacy aspects in the camps.
- Develop and track quality project indicators and MEAL framework for education projects with support from the MEAL officer.
- Ensure timely production of activity/events reports as well as monthly reports as per the agreed timelines.
Partnerships and coordination.
- Ensure close coordination of outreach activities with other agencies in the three camps to ensure complementarity and synergy.
- Compilation of the Cluster members reports and data.
- Supporting the Cluster partners- providing technical support and monitoring guidance.
- Build partnerships to enhance community participation, ownership and sustainability of programmes.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other child protection agencies, governmental institutions, host community partners and community level structures in order to promote community ownership and sustainability of education initiatives.
- Represent Save the Children and the in interagency working groups and camp coordination meetings and build from the strategies developed through the education Working Group.
- Represent the education programme and advocate with community, partners as well as other external visitors. Liaise closely with other actors in the child protection sector on issues related to vulnerable children. Ensure that consideration is given to their particular needs within general child protection strategies.
- Where necessary, represent the Program Manager and Coordinators in meetings, both internal and external and engage with the Host Community partner.
Grants Management and Accountability.
- Coordinate with finance and awards team to ensure effective budget monitoring for the project in line with donor requirements and contractual obligations, including Grant opening, mid-term and closing meetings.
- Coordinate the timely implementation of all grants and ensure sound and accurate expenditure.
- Proposal development – continuously analyse needs and develops concept notes, outlining clear areas of sensitization and awareness raising.
- Oversee project activities budget expenditures and ensure they are allowable and allocable according to SCI and donor regulations; review monthly Budget vs. Actual and expenditure sheets and collaborate with the finance department to ensure accurate expenditures and reporting.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and takes responsibility for their own personal development.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
- Displays consistent excellent judgement.
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES
- Prior experience of working as Education Coordinator.
- · Previous first emergency response experience is essential
- · Education to MSc/MA/ level in Education (or a related field) or equivalent field experience
- · Excellent communication skills, including ability to facilitate diverse groups.
- · Excellent negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- · A high level of written and spoken English
- · Demonstrable ability to work and represent views across different stakeholders taking part in the Education sector.
- · Experience of high level co-ordination in the Education Sector.
- · Demonstrable understanding of international humanitarian response and co-ordination mechanisms.
- ·Understanding of opportunities to provide integrated or cross-cutting humanitarian interventions with other sectors and Clusters
- · Understanding of opportunities to support the World Humanitarian Summit Agenda such as localisation and development-humanitarian nexus
- Experience of applying INEE Minimum Standards and other relevant frameworks and standards in education in emergencies)
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with yourapplication andinclude details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Use the below link toapply:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.