Medecins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium)
Company NAme: Medecins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium)
Posted Date: 2023-09-11
Job Type:Full time
Salary: As per the organization's scale
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or exclusion from healthcare.
- Coordinating and supervising the accounting of the mission (accounting, treasury, audit procedures, etc.) according to the instructions of the Finance Coordinator, and in compliance with legal obligations and MSF standards and protocols in order to provide quality,reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the mission.
- Being responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, consolidation of overall mission accounting, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to MSF guidelines, financial standards and procedures.
- Coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, and reporting the mission’s accounting statement through monthly and weekly reports, in order to verify the evolution of project finances and provide information about them
- Being responsible for the financial management of donor contracts e.g. preparing and verifying the financial reports to donors, following up and analysing the need for amendments. Ensuring reporting conditions are met and stakeholders in the mission are informed of their responsibilities (for example, logistics for stock inventory, quotes)
- Coordinating and overseeing the payment of tax liabilities in order to comply with legal obligations. Coordinating and supervising the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour, stock and asset management
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improvepeople’s capabilities
- Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue including compliance with MSF financial standards and procedures, legal compliance, training and support on the MSF accounting software / system
- When required, briefing all staff involved, on specific accountancy management (Mission Coordination Team, Administration Managers, Logistics Managers, etc).
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission. Mobility is requested from MSF staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work. Part of any MSF-employee responsibilities is the attendance of trainings as per the requirements of the organization. The job description can be modified according to the evolution of the work.
· Essential solid accountancy training and at least 5 years experience-professional accounting qualification.
· Desirable University degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs. Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs
· Good command of English and local language, both written and spoken
· Excellent computer skills (word, excel, internet)
· Local accounting standards, Desirable MSF accounting software, ERP system knowledge, local laws.
· People Management and Development L2
· Commitment to MSF Principles L2
· Behavioral Flexibility L3
· Results and Quality Orientation L3
· Teamwork and Cooperation L3
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants, please send your National ID, CV (not more than 3 pages), and cover letter (not more than one page) with “Finance &Accountancy Manager” written in the subject line throughMsfocbemail@example.com
Deadline: September 20, 2023.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF Belgium promotes EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.