Company NAme: ZOA
Posted Date: 2023-09-15
Job Type:Full time
Salary: Very Attractive
We are here for our neighborsin need, who are suffering in this broken world.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
Fund Raising and Donor Engagement Manager
ZOA’s programme in Ethiopia
ZOA works in several regions in Ethiopia: Gambella Regional State (field office in Gambella Town),Somali Regional State (field office in Dolo Ado andMelkadida refugee camp), Tigray Regional State (field office in Shireand Mekelle), Oromia Regional State (field office in Harar), AmharaandAddis Ababa. In Ethiopia, ZOA works with Internally Displaced People (IDPs), host populations, persons with disabilities, returnees, and a large population of refugees who fled a combination of violence and drought in Somalia, South Sudan and Eritrea.
What we offer
ZOA offers a challenging position with a lot of responsibilities. We offer good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector (including, but not limited to: medical, accident and life insurances, provident fund, training options).
The Fund Raising and Donor Engagement Manager will lead and coordinate the overall grants management at ZOA Ethiopia. The position will work across all portfolios under the Manager of Programme quality.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead on Fundraising, developing the fundraising- and donor strategy, based on donor mapping and analysis, and ensuring its implementation throughout the organization;
- Network and build strong relationships with different donors and potential partners in Addis, collect information about upcoming opportunities and pre-positioning;
- Ensure ZOA staff is aware of their role in grant management duties and responsibilities, and provide trainings where necessary;
- Develop an external relations and communications strategy and ensure its implementation;
- Coordinate the proposal development process, chairing proposal kick-off meetings to ensure all team members know their roles, including input from field teams, sector specialists and grants finance department in Addis and from colleagues in headquarters and final submission.
- Chair proposal go/no-go meetings with the teams to make informed decisions about which opportunities to pursue and which to let go;
- Coordinate partner management, including conducting capacity assessments with local partners and setting up a capacity building plan;
- Organize the contract preparations and negotiation process;
- Lead on communications with donors, consortium partners and implementing partners where necessary throughout the grant management cycle.
- Organize the set-up and chairing project kick-off meetings and follow up on necessary documentation, such as PASS, PIP documents and MEAL, procurement and recruitment plans;
- Work with the grants finance department on developing, reviewing and monitoring budgets and financial compliance;
- Ensure the team is aware of all relevant programmatic and financial donor compliance regulations and policies, including regular monitoring of implementation of the donor requirements;
- Prepare and conduct in the Grants performance review meetings together with the grants finance team, and ensuring follow-up of the programmatic recommendations;
- Coordinate the drafting and review of project progress reports and check alignment with donor guidelines, previous reporting and proposal documents;
- Ensure the implementation of project audit recommendations, working together with the grant finance team;
- Prepare and conduct project closing meetings, coordinate with the MEAL team to ensure lessons learned are properly documented and shared.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor;
Your Total Rewards package at ZOA
Competitive salaries and financial security – we know how important these are to you and your family.
- Salariesthat match the local market and we pay you in EUR.
- Annual salary reviewbased on the cost of living in your location/Ethiopia.
- Annual Salary increasebased on annual performance review
- Transportation allowance:ETB5,000 per month.
- Airtime Allowance:We provide data and airtime to enable you to conduct your work outside of the office.
- we provide a closed user group so you can speak to your colleagues at no cost.
- Food Allowance:we provide lunch daily at our offices, ZOA pays 700 ETB per month and staff contribute 500 ETB per month.
- Severance payment:one month’s salary for an extra service year.
- Hardship Allowance:If you are working in identified places as a remote and hazardous by the government, you will be entitled 20-40% additional allowances of their basic salary. Therefore, we provide 40% hardship allowance to ZOA employees working in Gambella, Dollo Ado and Shire field offices.
- Transfer Allowance:We provide transfer allowance of10,000ETB If, in case of you permanently shift or transfer to a new programme area.
We recognize you have priorities outside of work.
- Our flexible paid time off package gives you the flexibility you need.
- Annual Leave: 20 days of annual leave in addition to public holidays, and you are also granted one extra day for each extra full year.
- Enhanced Maternity Leave provision, 4 months
- PaternityLeave5 working days.
- Rest and Recuperation (R&R): We provide you 5 working days for every consecutive 12 weeks of work R&R leave to unaccompanied staff who work away from their permanent place of residence to spend time with their family. Therefore, ZOA provides R&R leave for its employees who work in the program offices in Somali, Gambela, and Tigray regions.
Provident Fund+Pension:: 32% (22% from ZOA and 10% from You.
Medical Insurance:We also covers your dependents, and your medical expenditures are covered by ZOA up to 100% of each invoice, up to a defined maximum refunded amount of Br200,000 ETBper annum.
We care about your health and wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive health package and initiatives to support your wellbeing.
- Covid-19:free vaccination and PCR test
- We have established asocial committee in every region.
Learning & Development
- Professional developmentprogramme and support with funding for a relevant qualification.
- Study/exam leaves
- Training and coaching module
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- At least five years of professional experience working in INGOs will be considered an advantage;
- Experience with humanitarian aid in-country;
- MA Degree in International Relations, Development or related fields;
- Advanced MS Office skills;
- Fluent English, written and spoken;
- Experience with writing successful proposals for several institutional donors, monitoring donor compliance and reporting;
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills;
- Excellent inter-personal, communications, and diplomatic skills;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements;
- Self-driven, independent and motivated;
- Diplomatic nature, excellent negotiation skills;
- Willingness to travel to field programme offices as required.
Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results in line with ZOA core values;
- Good knowledge of CHS and capacitate partners to work in adherence to CHS;
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved;
- Creates a managerial environment in-country to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self;
- Widely shares personal vision for ZOA, engages and motivates others;
Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues, members, donors and partners;
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
- Willing to take calculated risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency;
- Always acts in the best interests of children.
How to Apply
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via Ethiojobs.net.
CV’s of no more than 3 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Please note that, as part of its recruitment process, ZOA carries out background and reference checks for all candidates. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment).
“Women are highly encouraged to apply for the position”
Also we reserve the right to stop accepting applications before the end date if we find a suitable candidate.