Website Metropolitan Real Estate PLC
Company Name: Metropolitan Real Estate PLC
Posted Date: 2023-11-14
Job Type: Full time
#Inventory and Stock, Purchasing and Procurement, Maintenance
Are you a young, energetic, and responsible person? Do you have the skills and qualities to be a great General Service Assistant?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a General Service Assistant, who is willing to work flexible hours to join our team and help us keep our business running smoothly.
In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including:
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of general services to ensure the organization’s general service needs are met. These activities may include office supplies, general service assistance, fleet management, cleaning, gardening, maintenance services, etc.
- As per the direction of the immediate supervisor, oversee maintenance activities (generators, water tanks, and other office utilities) and upgrades to equipment, facilities, and systems to minimize disruptions to business activities.
- Assist in various activities related to such areas as shipping and receiving, material handling, warehousing and inventory control, and/or property management, as appropriate to the position.
- Operates various items of light and/or heavy equipment as appropriate for routine site maintenance, removal, and/or repair activities, etc.
- Oversee the expat residence area as per the issued company regulation and follow up on residence fixed assets, utilities, generators, and water tanks.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and serviceability of facilities, plants, grounds, and/or equipment as assigned.
- May perform routine, minor maintenance, installation, and repair of physical plant and equipment for the unit as appropriate to the position; may assist with and/or coordinate larger on-site maintenance and repair projects as required.
- Follow-up drivers, kitchen, and security employees on duty are presentable for the work environment.
- Follow up and pay various utilities for the company, including car insurance.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Assisting managing relationships with vendors, service providers and landlords, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- High school diploma and BA degree with at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Valid Ethiopian driving license (minimum category public 1).
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team- and detail-oriented environment and produce accurate work under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with people from different national and/or cultural backgrounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Flexibility, confidentiality, and multifunctionality
- Ability to make independent decisions and judgments on routine procedural issues.
- Ability to maintain and control equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Ability to work in flexible hours
- Ability to be reliable and highly responsible
How to Apply
Use the subject line “General Service Assistant” when applying through an email.