Website Dan Church Aid
Company Name: Dan Church Aid
Posted Date: 2023-11-18
Job Type: Full time
Salary: As per DCA salary Scale
#Agriculture, Business Development, Management
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a Denmark-based international NGO registered under certificate # 1083 by the Authority for Civil Society Organizations and working to improve the wellbeing of particularly the rural and pre-urban people in Ethiopia. DCA’s Programme mainly focus on save live, building resilience and fighting inequality targeting highly disaster-prone areas in Oromia, Amhara, Afar, and Gambella regions.
Currently, the DCA Ethiopia Office is looking for a competent Head of Business Development and Quality. The Head of Business Development and Quality, lead DCA Ethiopia Country Program Development and Quality Assurance.
Vacancy Number: DCA-Eth/VA-039/2023
The position is to strengthen the Business Development (Fundraising) and Quality (MEAL and Partnership Framework) in line with the DCA Ethiopia programme 2022-2027.
The overall purpose of the position is to strengthen the Business Development Fundraising/resource mobilization) and Quality (MEAL system and Partnership/localisation) to ensure effective delivery of the DCA Ethiopia Country Programme. The Head of Business Development and Quality will lead DCA Ethiopia business development, including ensuring high quality proposal design with the required quality standards that will be determined by DCA commitment to accountability, innovativeness, learning, cross cutting issues and humanitarian standards while at the same time maintaining coherence between projects, DCA Ethiopian country programme and global strategy.
- Lead the Fundraising strategy and Business Development (fundraising) and ensure innovative high quality programme designs/proposal awarded by donor contracts. Annual turnover targets must be met.
- Maintain and strengthen strong relations to Donors (current and new) is critical. Strong collaboration with GPRM/HQ important.
- Lead the MEAL unit and ensure that the MEAL setup is effective and in line with DCA MEAL system (global), effective MEAL setup per project/Donor compliance and DCA ET Country Programme MEAL Framework/Theory of Change.
- Take the lead in strengthening the DCA ET localisation approach and partnership management (manual to be drafted)
- Lead high quality and timely submission of donor reports in close cooperation with Head of program/program unit and GPRM/HQ.
- Lead the capacity development of DCA CO program staff in the full project management cycle based on the DCA PPM and PPD and Partnership Management Framework
- Develop strategic position paper and capacity statements DCA Ethiopia engagement and donor positioning within the areas of Fight Inequality, Women Empowerment, Youth Engagement and Advocacy
- Lead the Country Programme Development process including context analysis, per DCA guidelines, in collaboration/coordination with the SMT and key staff at CO and HQ
- Facilitate the documentation of learnings from DCA’s country program for the organization’s self-implemented and partner-led projects.
- Support in linking project indicators with country office and global indicators.
- Provide technical advice to ensure integration between projects, country programme and DCA global strategy.
- Responsible to Facilitate the evaluation of the DCA-ET Country Programme; technically support in the selection of the consultant to conduct the country programme evaluation and serve as the technical focal person for the evaluation process.
- Support the roll out of organisational learning framework across DCA and partner implemented projects.
Vacancy Date: November 17,2023
Required number: One
Type of Contract: Two years contract with possibility of Extension
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Reporting to: Country Director
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: December 08,2023
Salary: As per DCA salary Scale
- Third Level qualification in a relevant discipline (Development Studies, DRR Management Agriculture and related field) from a recognized university.
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience, and at least 8 years in fundraising
- Adequate working knowledge of requirements and guidelines of donor.
- Good knowledge of project cycle management
- Excellent proposal and report writing skills, with close attention to detail.
- Proven track record of developing development and humanitarian program from key institutional donors: USAID, EU, ECHO, BPRM, Danida and others
- Practical experience in a both emergency and development contexts proposal development and MEAL, preferably with solid experience mainly on DCA priority sectors: Building resilient communities, emergency Food security and livelihood including Multipurpose Cash transfer, climate adaption, peace building and social cohesion, Women and youth empowerment and development, private sector engagement etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Please don’t mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Please Submit only an application letter and CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.