Company Name: JSI
Posted Date: 2023-10-23
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Consultancy Contract
Ethiopia’s Information Revolution Roadmap (IR) is a strategy designed to transform and enhance the culture of data use to positively impact population health and health-system performance through evidence-based decision-making at all levels of the health system. As part of the initiatives, JSI-Data Use Partnership (DUP) in collaboration with Ethiopian Ministry of Health and local universities is conducting several HIS related research works and producing up to date evidences. This consultancy is aimed to document and facilitate dissemination of Doris Duck Charitable Foundation (DDCF) supported research works at JSI-DUP. The consultant will report to the Senior Health Systems Strategic Advisor of DUP.
Responsibilities and expected deliverables from the consultant
The consultant is expected to support DUP, to document research and learning activities and facilitate dissemination efforts.
The following are specific responsibilities of the consultant
- Work with DDCF activities coordinators in CBMP universities – Plan visits as needed, and document DDCF activities including implementation researches, research works conducted by sponsored PhD and master students
- Support publishing papers on reputable international scientific journals
- Plan and implement activities that help to facilitate translation of evidence generated by local universities for policy making and program implementation
- Prepare booklet to summarize all the DDCF supported research works
- Support write-up of DDCF close out reports
- Facilitate/support dissemination of research findings
- Perform any other assigned related tasks
- Advanced degree (MPH/PhD) in health informatics, health policy, public health, or related fields
- Minimum of ten years relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and conducting qualitative and quantitative research activities from design to execution, analysis and report write-up
- Experience in implementation research is preferable
- Demonstrated experience in publishing research in reputable scientific journals
- Thorough understanding of the Ethiopian Health Information System in particular and health systems in general
- Familiarity with CBMP is a plus
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with people representing a wide range for personal and organization cultures
How to Apply
- Qualified individuals interested in this position can send their documents to the following email:email@example.com
- Applications should be sent via email with the subject line: “HIS Research Consultant” (Name of Applicant)”
- All application documents should be combined into one PDF file, the cover letter being the first page followed by the CV (resume) and other documents if any.
- Please provide us three names with their contact addresses as references.
- Send only one attachment with the file name format: “your full names-HIS Research Consultant.pdf”
- Applications not conforming to the above directions will NOT be considered
- No phone calls please and only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply as JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
This vacancy is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia
N.B JSI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work withthe children served by our programs.