Website The Hunger Project Ethiopia
Company Name:* The Hunger Project Ethiopia
Posted Date: 2024-02-09
Job Type: N/A
#Agriculture, Social Sciences and Community
- Facilitate community mobilization, empowerment, collective action, and nurturing solidarity.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with communities and community organizations in the target Kebeles to ensure that the messages are disseminated and understood at all levels.
- Facilitate the identification of fruit and vegetable varieties that are ecologically, nutritionally, and culturally appropriate to the target community through the participation of local government stakeholders and farmers informed choice.
- Prepare relevant manuals and information, communication, and education materials on horticulture production including best planting and field management practices.
- Facilitate selection process of suitable site for new orchard and vegetable garden establishment with local development agents, Animators, and the target HHs.
- Provide technical support in response to the priority needs of target horticulture producer household groups and other groups established by the project.
- Provide specialized technical assistance in the implementation of the project activities and supervision of horticulture production methods, disease management and harvesting processes for improving quality for family use and sale for income.
- Provide hands on assistance during implementation of horticulture producer HHs training program through close collaboration and coordination with the development agents and extension workers.
- Serve as mentor and trainer to support extension workers and Animators in inculcation of good horticultural practices to both men and women farmers.
- Contribute to the project annual planning process and ensure the project activities are implemented in line with the agreed time frame and in the limit of the budget considered for activities under the project.
- Collect project implementation data and provide periodic reports: distribution of materials and other inputs lists and usage, community sensitization meetings and trainings attendance sheets, regular mentoring/extension visits etc.
- Collect and collate information on horticulture growing, harvesting, and marketing conditions in the project areas.
- Perform any other related duties as requested by the Supervisor.
Term of Employment: One year contract, with a possibility of extension
Required Number: One
- University degree in horticulture, floriculture, silviculture, or related field.
- Five years’ experience in development projects in the horticulture sector, or private sector horticulture farms or related fields, and knowledge of fruit and vegetable varieties common in Ethiopia and their production and marketing systems.
- Working knowledge of English and Amharic languages and additional knowledge of the local language is an advantage.
- Working skills of computer software such word processing and spreadsheet.
How to Apply
To apply, send non-returnable copy of brief CV with a letter of motivation through email: firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate the position you want to apply in the “subject” part of the email”. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. If you need further information, please call 0111 267950/267151.
Women are encouraged to apply.