Company NAme: ALIGHT
Posted Date: 2023-08-23
Job Type:Full time
- Prepare drafts for job openings, engage, and follow up on the preparation of job descriptions, terms of reference and subsequent position classification. Keep track of job openings, regularly update HR Manager.
- Participate in all steps and processes of the recruitment and assessment by sorting, long listing of applications, coordinate candidates’ invitations for interview, conducting tests and interviews, drafting interview report, creation of new staff personnel files, supporting in the induction processes.
- Ensures the proper implementation of ALIGHT Recruitment Policy and the Ethiopian labor law.
- Maintaining recruitment, selection testing, and interviewing records and reports.
- Plan and coordinate new employee onboarding training to foster positive attitude toward ALIGHT standards and objectives.
- Make sure ID cards and badges are prepared and distributed to a new staff on time.
- Ensure that each employee has completed all pension formalities & has obtained a pension card.
- Ensure all staff has specific roles & JD and received and acknowledged all Alight policies and procedures.
PERFORMANCE AND RETENTION
- Coordinates with line managers to perform staff appraisals at the field office level and coordinate confirmations of probationary periods.
- Assist in preparing employee termination notices and related documentation and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind terminations.
- Assist the HR Manager in keeping track of separations (resignations, retirements, others) for smooth exit clearance.
- Assists the HR Manager on facilitating disciplinary action for field office staff.
- Assists in the preparation of reports for absenteeism and employment turnover.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Administers benefits programs such as medical insurance, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and other related benefits for newly hired staff at the head office level.
- Maintain updated All types of Leave tracker and share with the HR Manager on monthly basis.
- Monitor employee attendance with the department manager.
TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- Carries out periodic institutional and individual training and development need analysis.
- Processing training assessment, delivering, and assessing outcome of conducted training.
PLANNING & BUDGETING & REPORTING:
- Facilitate HR planning periodically for effective utilization of human resources.
- Participate in preparation of annual budget of field Office in relation to human resources.
- Prepares quarterly accrued leave reports.
- Prepare periodic HR Reports/statistics.
- Issue recruitment status report twice a month.
ADMINISTRATION AND COMPLIANCE
- Creation of employee personal file (digital and physical files), Filing of all employee records, and ensure HR System updates for all contractual changes (job rotation, position, salary), benefits plan such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics.
- Data reconciliation validating data against hard copy backup and share softcopy of updated all personnel file with field office.
- Maintain up-to-date staffing lists by program and department; maintain appropriate records and ensure confidentiality regarding personnel activities and personnel data including employment documentation, evaluations, exit interviews and other relevant information. Periodically audit and archive or destroy dated information, including employee and applicant files, in accordance with national law.
- Coordinate the monthly procedure of timesheets for all staff including collection, review and compilation into payroll, training new staff on timesheet procedure.
- Assist in ensuring that ALIGHT is in compliance with all local labor laws, and minimization of legal exposure.
- Facilitate contract attestation, social security registration, medical insurance registration, and tax identification submission by coordinating with the Government Liaison Officer.
- Monitor and coordinates staff contract management.
- Assist with resolving payroll issues with HR Manager and Finances.
- Ensure that all HR forms are accurately completed by newly hired staff at field office.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned by the HR Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in management or a related social science field.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive HR professional experience.
- Experience in general office administration.
- Experience of support payroll and facilitating benefits.
- Broad knowledge and experience in Ethiopia labor law, employee relations, and training and development.
- Must be able to function effectively in complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- High level of administrative and organizational skill and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills required.
- Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Fluency in English, Tigrigna & Amharic required.
KEY BEHAVIORS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
- Should have good documentation and dissemination / presentation skills.
- Should be able to live, work and travel in an insecure environment, always following strict security guidelines.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Experience of working under high pressure, in fast-paced environments.
- Strong service orientation with the ability to proactively approach staff to understand their needs and to find effective solutions.
- NGO experience
- Understanding of and commitment to the “Humanitarian principles”
- Understanding of and commitment to Alight code of conduct and organizational goals
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send motivation/cover letter and updated Resume (not more than 3 pages) to email@example.com before September 7th, 2023 COB.
- Please, indicate the position/title applied for in your cover letter and subject of the email.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Only qualified applicants will be short listed and contacted.
- Open to Ethiopian nationals ONLY.
“QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATE ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY”