Website Dan Church Aid
Company Name: Dan Church Aid
Posted Date: 2023-11-17
Job Type: Full time
Salary: As per DCA salary Scale
#Agriculture, Development and Project Management, Social Sciences and Community
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a Denmark-based international NGO registered under certificate # 1083 by the Authority for Civil Society Organizations and working to improve the wellbeing of particularly the rural and pre-urban people in Ethiopia. DCA’s Programme mainly focus on save live, building resilience and fighting inequality targeting highly disaster-prone areas in Oromia, Amhara, Afar, and Gambella regions.
DCA Ethiopia Office is looking for a competent Humanitarian Program Technical Advisor based in Addis Ababa.
Vacancy Number: DCA-Eth/VA-038/2023
Overall Job purpose:
Under the supervision of the Senior Humanitarian Programme Manager, the technical advisor will provide technical guidance and oversight to DCA Ethiopia humanitarian programme, with specific emphasis on building DCA’s humanitarian portfolio and assisting in establishing DCA as a strong humanitarian response player and securing funds for humanitarian operations across the country.
- Actively take part in all humanitarian situations need assessment that might occur due to natural or manmade crises in refuges, IDPs, hosting community setups and conducting other studies as input for concept note and proposal development.
- Regularly assess humanitarian situations and trends as well as new and innovative working strategies.
- Provide technical support in baseline and end-line surveys focusing on humanitarian project indicators or measurements.
- Support and organize and deliver need-based training for DCA and partners staff on voucher cash programmes, and humanitarian intervention.
- Provide technical support to put in place a realistic M&E system for each humanitarian project across DCA operation areas.
- Participate technical discussions and meetings at national-level with relevant humanitarian technical working groups ( like cash working groups) and consortium partners.
- Provide technical backstopping and training for the coordinators and field officers and market facilitators and closely follow up on the implementation of the humanitarian projects in DCA’s operational areas.
- Conduct regular project technical visits and provide technical support for frontline staff for the effective implementation of projects in accordance with DIP.
- Support and ensure all humanitarian projects are implemented in accordance with donor requirements and as per the quality standard and agreed upon in the detailed implementation plan.
Vacancy Date: November 17,2023
Required number: One
Type of Contract: Two years with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Reporting to: Humanitarian Program Manager
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: December 08,2023
Salary range: As per DCA salary Scale
- MSC/First degree in a relevant discipline (Development Studies, Disaster Risk Management, Food Security, Livelihood and Rural Development, Agriculture Science and related Field) from a recognized university. MSc is preferable.
- 6/8 years practical experience in MSC/BSC respectively at the field and country office level in designing humanitarian projects proposal and reporting writing, capacity building and implementation of key donors BPRM, ECHO, Danida, BHA/OHA, OCHA/EHF, etc
- Understanding of the Humanitarian system and of emergencies and refugee crises in Ethiopia.
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards and cross-cutting issue in humanitarian principles
- Adequate working knowledge of requirements and guidelines of donors, including EU/ECHO/USAID/BHA/BPRM
- Strong skills in monitoring program performance (both activities and finances) and able to advise, support and adjust to reach set goals, and strategic objectives.
- Good knowledge of project cycle management.
- Excellent communication, networking and persuasion skills, very good mentoring, and capacity-building experience.
- NGO experience is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Please do not mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Female candidates with required educational background and experience are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit only an application letter and CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.