Plan International Ethiopia
Company NAme: Plan International Ethiopia
Posted Date: 2023-09-15
Plan International Ethiopia has been implementing a Wash project which is a climate-resilient solar powered water supply system, sanitation and hygiene promotion services for the target communities in Gambella regional state to increase access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene to refugees and the hosting- communities. So, the project needs an experienced Hydro-Geology specialist to handle the underground water source investigation and construction technical aspects of the WASH project at the expected level in order to realise the primary goals and guarantee the quality of the deliverables.
The job holder is responsible to technically to handle the underground water source investigation and construction technical aspects of the assigned WASH project efficiently and effectively at the PA level to meet the intended goal of the project by creating sound technical documents of the project technical components, for the PIE and other regional stake holders in line with the country strategy to meet the donor compliance requirements to benefit the target community.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff signed safeguarding policies;
- Implement Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
Please click on this link to review the full job description: Link
Qualifications/ Experience Essential:
- Possess a University a University Master’s Degree in Hydrology Geology Engineering, Geology, Geoscience or any related Engineering fields with a minimum of 5 years relevant to Ground Water Investigation (Borehole & Shallow Well) for Solar Powered Water Supply Project
- Demonstrated solid experience in the design, implementation and supervision of large size Ground Water Investigation (Borehole & Shallow Well) for Solar Powered Water Supply Project
- Excellent knowledge of geology and geological factors of the specified location.
- Great technical ability to design mappings of geological data, and use geological databases and software
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff in WASH related Hydro Geology technical skills
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Good knowledge of the attributes of ores, soil, minerals and other materials
- Practical experience in collecting and analyzing geological information such as ground water related data.
- Extensive knowledge on Climate resilient Gender transformative WASH, and the sector dynamics.
- Understanding of Core Humanitarian Standards which are workable by sector.
- Knowledge of human resource and coordination role from general and organization perspectives.
- Understand organizational principles, systems and have the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level for disaster affected population.
- Knowledge of child-rights programming particularly Child Protection in Emergency, CPiE
- Knowledge of participatory Monitoring, Evaluation and Research systems and processes
- Proven expriance as a geologist
- Experience with various geological techniques like mining, boring and numerical modeling
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications like using geology software (e.g. ArcGIS, Rock ware, Adobe Illustrator, Go CAD, Microsoft Excel, Word PowerPoint etc.)
- Familiarity with environmental regulations
- Ability to handle and analyze data and 3D models
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues
- Have good writing and oral communication skills, including presentation.
- Experiences in resource mobilization through preparation of Humanitarian and Development Nexus WASH Project proposals.
- Understands budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to provide team leadership and communicate effectively.
- Ability to conduct assessment, analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- An analytical mind & attention to detail
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in September 25,2023. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job-invite/47731/ throughwww.Ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to EthiopianNationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found onhttp://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting therealization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we comeinto contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.