NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
Company NAme: NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
Posted Date: 2023-09-14
Role and responsibilities
The ICT Assistant is responsible for providing technical ICT support to the area offices.
- Implement NRC’s ICT policies and guidelines at Area Level.
- Schedule computer related services, maintenance and Manage GFD IT equipment.
- Ensure information security for all NRC systems in line with regulations.
- Provide ICT support and trainings to Data Collectors and Enumerators.
- Implement and update a data disaster recovery plan (Cloud)
- Assist the ICT Coordinator in installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Direct all support queries via the ticketing system and monitor the performance of the support provided.
- Travel frequently to the Food Distribution Points to support data work.
- Give basic computer trainings and office 365 training to all Data Collectors.
- Support in Setting up new users’ accounts and emails and dealing with Multi-factor authentication.
- Partake in provision of specification for any ICT equipment to purchased and provide technical bids analysis to ensure the purchase will conform to standards and software in place. And receive all computers and equivalent assets purchased or received by NRC ensuring they match specification and requirement
- Liaise with Ethio-telecom (ISP) and other clients to solve ICT problems.
- Perform any task assigned by the line manager
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. Details about NRC’s competencies are to be found in the Competency Framework. Competencies are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following three categories:
1. Value driven competencies
Values are aspirational attitudes and beliefs that influence the way people conduct themselves. NRC’s values are: Dedicated, Innovated, Inclusive and Accountable.
2. Behavioral competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job.
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
3. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Experience from working as an ICT Assistance in a humanitarian/recovery/commodity handling context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Fluency in English and Amharic/ Local Language
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Professional Experience and knowledge in LAN/WLAN network technologies and window clients.
- Working knowledge on PHP or other scripting languages will be an added advantage
- Prior ICT experience in a setup with environmental and geographical constraints.
- Knowledge on Cisco Meraki will be an added advantage.
- Experience in handling servers and related access management control.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues.
- Willing to take ownership of issue analysis and resolution efforts and commitment to get results.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through https://www.ethiojobs.net/ Please attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials and work experience documents. Applications should reach NRC latest by 20 September 2023 at 5:00 pm.
Please note that your application letter should include your preferable location or a location which is closer to your home town.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”