Website International Organization for Migration - IOM
Company Name:* International Organization for Migration – IOM
Posted Date: 2024-02-06
Job Type: Full time
Salary: UN Salary Scale for G5 – USD 1440.00
#Information Technology, Science and Technology
Open to Internal/External Candidates
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Type of Appointment:
One Year Fixed Term, with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date:
As soon as possible
20 February 2024
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resource Management in Ethiopia and direct supervision of the Information Technology Officer in Addis Ababa, and in close collaboration/coordination with the ICT Central Team at Headquarters (HQ) and Regional Office (RO), the successful candidate will provide technical support and services to users of IOM’s corporate applications and infrastructure, promoting a client and efficient service-oriented approach..
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide end-user support and ensure that all ICT Issue tickets and queries are logged and answered appropriately via email, telephone call, and/or in person by taking Issue ticket ownership – open, update, and close assigned tickets, meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Provide technical support such as immediate diagnosis and workarounds for reported incidents.
- Log all actions and steps taken to respond to an incident or to complete a request.
- Assist in determining root causes and propose resolutions for problems raised by reported incidents.
- Escalate to Global User Support (GUS) and supervisor when necessary and accordingly to identified priority levels.
2. Administering and monitoring local services, servers, systems, and networks and providing routine control of servers and data.
3. Maintain and monitor the efficient access and uptime to Local, Corporate, or Cloud Services.
4. Provide support, and/or assume a leadership role when required, for planned technology upgrades. Perform implementation and administration of system, application, and infrastructure components. Including support to ensure readiness for events and supporting the event’s technical activities.
5. Maintain, monitor, and support the effective utilization of communication equipment
(including but not limited to: PABX, videoconferencing equipment, and mobile devices)
6. Provide end-user training both as a technical support person in general and as a trainer for corporate applications and business processes. Provide guidance and training to colleagues as needed.
7. Produce and maintain relevant documentation and reference materials, including (but not limited to): ICT asset and software inventory, infrastructure diagrams, security documentation, and Identity and access management records. Recommend equipment and software replacements in a timely manner following the ICT asset lifecycle standards.
8. Assist in analyzing and correcting performance problems of networks, systems, and applications and recommend solutions to enhance functionality, reliability, and/or usability.
9. Administer and monitor server and workstation supporting systems such as patch management, antivirus, and backup, recommend and take appropriate actions when needed.
10. Participate in ensuring quality and continuous improvement measures following ICT Standards, Guidelines, and Policies.
11. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Bachelors University degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in Helpdesk / Service Desk roles; or,
- Completed high school diploma/certificate from an accredited academic institution,
Microsoft Certification (MCP or above) in Windows Server 2016 and/or Active Directory.
- Azure or AWS Associate Certification.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Other industry certifications such as CompTIA, VCP or ITIL are a distinct advantage
- Extensive experience in direct user technical support and computer, network, and communication equipment troubleshooting are distinct advantages.
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting Lenovo, Canon, Kyocera, and Cisco Network Devices.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2016/2019 software in a multi-site environment, TCP/IP Protocol, AD, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Cisco Router Configuration, Windows 8 & 10 administration MS Office 2013/2016, and MS Office 365.
- Correctly applies knowledge of specialized IT disciplines
- Fluency in Amharic and English (oral and written) is required.
- Working knowledge of other local languages is an advantage.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate about this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and a work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
How to apply:
For external applicants to be considered, applicants are required to apply via ethiojobs.net and Internal applicants email@example.com indicating the vacancy number and position title as mentioned in the vacancy announcement he/she applied for in the email Subject line.
Any application without this information in the subject line and that doesn’t attach the following required documents will be excluded from the application:
o Motivation/Application letter
o CV (written in English) with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone)
o Copies of Academic Certificates from Accredited Universities
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
We strongly encourage qualified female applicants to apply!
Posting Period: -06 February 2024 – 20 February 2024