Pioneer Diagnostic Center PLC
Company NAme: Pioneer Diagnostic Center PLC
Posted Date: 2023-09-15
Salary: As per the company scale
- Develop and manage the company’s annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by the leadership, and submit that plan to the Board and the CEO.
- Implement the annual audit plan, using best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements including any special tasks or projects requested by the Board and the CEO; and report periodically on the status and results of the audit plan and the adequacy of resources allotted to the function.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Reporting on control deficiencies to leadership and making recommendations to mitigate risk and add value
- Determine whether the risk management, control, and governance processes within PDC and its branches, as designed and represented by leadership, are adequate and functioning.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control and risk management processes.
- Undertake review of systems of internal controls maintained by PDC and its branches to safeguard financial and physical assets and making recommendations to correct any weaknesses.
- Provide consulting and advisory services, beyond internal auditing assurance services, to assist leadership in meeting its objectives; and, maintain a quality assurance program by which the function assures the operation of internal auditing activities.
- Liaise with the external auditors as appropriate, for the purpose of providing optimal audit coverage of the company.
- Review and report to leadership on significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the company, including potential improvements to those processes.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management and/or Risk Committees.
- Undertake internal audits to ensure the company meets its financial, operational, performance and compliance objectives
- Carry out special audits and investigations as may be required by the CEO and the Board.
- Carry out value for money audits to ensure that resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, deployed effectively and adequately protected; in achieving plans and objectives in operations, programs and program support.
- Follow up on the implementation of external and internal audit recommendations and continuous monitoring of the control environment.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Follow up on the implementation of a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes at PDC.
- Prepare timely reports for each audit to the CEO and the Board
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor
- Excellent analysis and data reporting skills
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- High level interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and databases
- BA degree from an accredited college/university in Auditing or Accounting or Accounting and Finance or Financial management.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in internal audit.
How to Apply