Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI)
Company NAme: Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI)
Posted Date: 2023-09-19
- Transforming 100 TVTs towards enabling one million young people to find dignified and fulfilling work;
- Enhancing the employability of young people through skilling and enterprise development;
- Facilitating innovative access to finance and market linkages; and
- Improving enabling environment for entrepreneurship and enterprise development.
- Lead, innovate and coordinate the overall IT operations, IT infrastructures and digital systems of the institution to make sure the institution digitizes most of its operations.
- Coordinate an efficient day-to-day operations of computer systems, networks, servers, and other IT infrastructure, monitor systems health, performance metrics, security, and availability, troubleshooting diagnosis and repair for software, network, and hardware failures, manage backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity protocols.
- Manage on-premises infrastructure and liaise with cloud service providers to access state of the art solutions to automate critical operations of the institution.
- Lead and coordinate the design, development and implementation of critical cost-efficient in-house systems including but not limited to implementation of a full-fledged custom ERP system, automation of M&E, training and BDS program delivery etc.
- Develop and document IT policies, procedures, standards to streamline operations.
- Control IT infrastructure budgets, licenses, and vendor/contractor relationships
- Keep current with technological advancements and evaluate new solutions to identify new opportunities for automating operations and processes of the institution.
- Participate in strategic IT planning and decision-making with senior management.
- Provides support in designing and developing tech-based training and BDS program packages that would enable entrepreneurs, innovators and MSMEs access state of the art digital skills.
- Supervise and mentor team of IT developers, technicians, and administrators.
- Facilitate major IT projects such as migrations, upgrades, expansions.
- Ensure compliance with data protection, regulatory and information security policies.
- Cultivate relationships, provide consultation across organization as internal IT liaison.
- Report on IT status, risks, accomplishments, goals, and recommendations to leadership
- Hire, manage, and provide technical guidance to in-house and/or outsourced development teams.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and innovations in enterprise software/SaaS solutions that would be beneficial for the institution.
- The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the CEO and operates in close collaboration with other project personnels.
- Prepare reports detailing program activities, results, lessons learned and recommendations.
- Document program processes, guidelines, and manuals to enable replication.
- Master’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, AI, Information Systems, or related fields.
- Minimum of 8 years’ professional experiences in a related post.
- Experience in managing full cycle enterprise software development projects.
- Expertise with modern programming languages, frameworks, databases, and tools.
- Experience implementing SaaS solutions, APIs, integrations.
- Strong project management, communication, and leadership abilities.
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, and problem-solving mindset.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Supervisory skills and capacity to be a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Adherence to integrity and confidentiality
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 tools.
- Confident and dynamic personality with strong creative outlook.
- Superior project management and time management, organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Excellent analytical, technical and conceptual knowledge about management and grasp of business management principles and practices
How to Apply