The Center for Victims of Torture (CVT)
Company NAme: The Center for Victims of Torture (CVT)
Posted Date: 2023-09-05
- Serve as the primary contact for CVT staffs’ technical and training requests.
- Manage and administer IT operations, including network and systems administration, database management, and user support.
- Serve as the focal person to submit maintenance and tech requests to HQ Tech department, including staff accounts for various software and licenses, and implement solutions for AA, Amhara, and Gambella staff.
- Ensure that all IT-related activities are carried out in accordance with CVT Global policies and procedures.
- Set up and maintain appropriate technology systems and services such as those that facilitate shared communication and collaboration between staff.
- Provide technical support and training to staff on use of computers and software’s, and maintenance of data accessibility, confidentiality, and integrity.
- Manage technology projects by performing needs assessments, research, testing, planning, training, coordination and maintenance.
- Evaluate technology solutions and provide recommendations to project teams on the best solutions to meet project requirements.
- Monitor the performance of the project’s IT infrastructure and ensure that any issues that arise are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Collaborate with management team, Tigray IT Officer, and other organizational IT staff to develop technology policies and procedures for technology tools, data security, technical support, etc., which conform to IT best-practices and which meet organizational compliance requirements.
- Partner with the management staff to address technology problems, assess future needs, and implement creative technology solutions which meet the needs of staff in both on-site and off-site environments.
- Administer the proper operation of hardware
- Set up and maintain appropriate office technology hardware such as laptop and desktop computers, networking devices, storage devices, and other accessories including printers, scanners, etc.
- Partner with trusted vendors to provide technology hardware, software, services, and support as needed.
- Develop and apply custom computer software configurations which conform to IT best-practices.
- Ensure that technology systems are securely configured and updated regularly.
- Ensure that data backup and recovery systems are in place, and are routinely tested.
- Maintain current documentation of technology hardware, software, systems, users, etc.
- Responsible for the physical network of computers, network software used to connect sites, workgroup software that allows access to network, and productivity tools.
- Responsible for the security of the LAN and WAN. ensure security and operability of the network. Ensure that virus protection software is up to date, and periodically scan for viruses that may infect staff computers.
- Analyze existing security systems and make recommendations for changes or improvements.
- Plan and implement necessary steps to enable compliance with CVT’s IT security standards.
- Provide capacity building on maintaining a secure environment.
- Facilitate procurement of technology network services such as cellular, WIFI, etc.
- Participate in other program and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. Complete administrative responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Internal Collaboration: Fin/Admin Manager, Zonal Managers, Logistics Officers, Country Director, IT Officer in Tigray, HQ Tech Department, Program Manager and Coordinators (HQ), Research Department.
External Collaboration: Suppliers, technicians engaged in the field
- Under normal conditions, work will be completed in a typical office environment with some off-site visits to suppliers and periodical travel to the field sites where amenities may be limited.
- Remote working from home when necessary due to security/public health conditions or other reasons.
- Time spent on the computer is approximately 80%
- Regular work week is Monday through Friday.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stand for up to 2 hours; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift, carry and set-up desktop computers, monitors and other hardware around an office environment; as well as to climb up to 5 flights of stairs.
- Occasional travel to/from Debark/Dabat, Sekota, Gambella, and other CVT Ethiopia program site as well as within Addis Ababa.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terms of Employment: the contract is effective from October 1, 2023 through 31 August 2024 with possibility of extension.
Number of Individuals Recruited: One (01)
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- At least five years’ experience supporting software and hardware for end-users in a Windows-based domain environment including proficiency in the following areas:
- Installing and troubleshooting Windows OS, MS Office, Antivirus clients, Windows drivers, and BIOS updates.
- Troubleshooting hardware for servers, desktops, laptops, printers, photocopiers and other peripherals.
- IP networks, including installation and maintenance of firewalls and switches.
- Troubleshooting IP LAN/WAN issues.
- Certification in Cisco device, Cisco Meraki, Microsoft servers, Microsoft office 365 cloud technology, Project management, data management is advantageous
- Remote technical support.
- Minimum 5, years of experience working in a similar setting for INGOs. Combination of relevant educational background and experiences may be considered.
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Required: Demonstrated information technology skills and knowledge to undertake the work described above, with a proven ability to manage office networks, hardware, software, security and support in low resource environments.
- Required: Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels in-person and remotely.
- Required: High level of attention to detail.
- Required: Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Required: Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills including effective time management, work load organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Required: Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to work in challenging areas and changing conditions, and to learn quickly new systems and processes.
- Required: Commitment to the ethical and sensitive implementation of project activities, including a commitment to confidentiality, diversity, equity, and inclusion, quality service provision, and the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (including online).
- Required: Ability to consistently promote and represent a humanitarian and human rights understanding of their work internally and externally, including promoting acceptance of differences and non-discrimination.
- Required: Commitment to and role modeling of human rights approach including: maintaining respect regarding any sensitive issues such as religion, minority or political affiliation and treating colleagues equally regardless of differences. Strong commitment to serve beneficiaries of CVT’s project regardless their religion, gender, disability, minority affiliation or political background.
- Required: Demonstrated commitment to the organization’s interdisciplinary approach in trauma rehabilitation service delivery.
- Preferred: Ability to communicate in Tigrigna, Nuer, Agnuak, Agonya, or other languages spoken in CVT operation areas.
How to Apply
Please write an English letter of application stating clearly, what motivates you to apply for the above position and how your qualifications and experience are relevant to the post. Include a copy of your CV, application letter, and the names and contact information of three references. Do not bring original documents, as these will not be returned to you. Submitting false information will result in your application being disqualified.
Please submit applications with the subject title “IT Officer Position Application [Your Name]”: e-mail applications to email@example.com. E-mails with attachments should not exceed a total of 1MB.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for a written exam and/or interview. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
CVT is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, familial status or any other protected status. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds such as these to apply for this position.
Closing date for applications: September 20, 2023 before 5:00pm
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.