Armauer Hansen Research Inistitute(AHRI)
Company NAme: Armauer Hansen Research Inistitute(AHRI)
Posted Date: 2023-09-15
Salary: as per the organization scale
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
AHRI would like to hire qualified candidate in the position ofIT Specialistunder Knowledge Management Directorate.
MajorDuties and Responsibilities
· Plan, manage, implement, troubleshoot, and administer complex network administration involving installing, configuring, and maintaining all network hardware and software, including the Storage Area Network (SAN), LAN and WAN environments switches, routers, and firewalls for network functionality and security;
· Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
· Administer users’ workstations; administer shared resources such as disks, printers, user accounts, e-mail accounts, regular backups and restore process;
· Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
· Secure Web system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
· Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
· Establish Web system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
· Manage Internet access filtering, email filtering and related monitoring systems;
· Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and/or software applications, network and security systems for the purpose of resolving operational issues and restoring services;
· Responsible for the repair, monitoring and ongoing maintenance of all IT devices and running systems
· Provide first level support for more complex requests; perform advanced troubleshooting on PCs, peripherals and applications. Advise on compatibility of hardware, applications and operating systems, according to user requirements;
· Works with other ICT and Maintenance personnel with the installation and maintenance of infrastructure equipment (i.e. switches, routers, wireless access points, etc.).
· Coordinate work orders with the ICT coordinator to insure timely and accurate work completion.
· Plan, manage, and oversee the daily functions, operations, and activities of the network including checking backups;
· Support the successful use of LAN network, servers and communications programs
· Assess malfunctions of hardware and/or software applications for the purpose of determining appropriate actions to Institute
· General network administration, specifically to include user management, access control and security;
· Design and implement the security and backup systems and plan disaster recovery contingencies to enable an efficient return of service after any unforeseen system outages
· Provide additional technical support for most common software used in the Institute
· Set up new equipment and provide rigorous tests of the same, to determine functionality and legitimacy in the institute setting, including microcomputers, servers, printers, tape backup, security cameras, and other equipment, and pulling cabling through dropped ceilings.
· Maintain Web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
· Install software on a variety of platforms (e.g. service packs, application software, operating software, hardware upgrades, etc.)
· Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions;
· Maintain network operations and software applications for the purpose of ensuring efficient operations;
· Develop and maintain operational and configuration manuals and procedures;
· Proactively communicate progress, issues and risks on assigned tasks;
· Timely deliver assigned tasks with minimal direction;
· Perform other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor;
· BSc/MSc in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Technology
· 8 years of experience for BScOR6 years of experience for MSc in IT related field
· Certification on A+ , CCNA is aplus
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· A high level of attention to details
· Ability to work with others/team work,
· Open for discussion and learning
· Ability to problem solving
· Excellent facilitation skills
· Planning/organizational skills
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following throughethiojobs.
· A CV/resume (not more than 5 pages)
· A cover letter (not more than one page)
· A one page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process.
References: Please provide three references including their e-mail address.
Terms of Employment: One year contract period with full time employment basis with possible extension based on performance and budget availability.
No. Required: 01 (one)