Website Center for Digital Health and Implementation Science-UOG
Company Name:* Center for Digital Health and Implementation Science-UOG
Posted Date: 2024-02-09
Job Type: N/A
Salary: Negotiable based on the project’s scale
#Engineering, Health Care, Science and Technology
About the Project
As part of the national Capacity Building and Mentorship Project (CBMP), University of Gondar-Center of Digital Health and Implementation Sciences is leading the implementation of the CBMP program in collaboration with Addis Ababa University, Jimma University, Hawassa University, Haramaya University, Mekele University and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in providing technical assistance to regional health bureaus.
The aim of the project is strengthening the digital health, data quality and information use culture towards attaining one of the HSTP agenda; Information revolution in 100 woredas in the country.
The specific objectives of the project include:
- Improving data quality and transformation of health information at subnational level
- Improving the culture of data use for informed decision-making.
- Transforming digital health and HIS at Health facilities
- Improving the capacity of RHB and Zonal HDs on data analytics and evidence generation
- Expediting the digitization process through engagement and partnership with local Universities
- Build implementation science research capacity at universities and policy makers
The center for Digital Health and Implementation Sciences (CDHI) is a dynamic and multi-disciplinary center of Excellence of the University of Gondar dedicated to advancing the future of healthcare in Africa through cutting-edge research, education, and innovation in digital health. Our vision is to revolutionize healthcare by harnessing the power of digital technologies and data-driven solutions using embedded implementation science approach with decision makers and frontline health workers. We believe that through research, Innovation and collaboration, we can overcome healthcare challenges and empower individuals and communities to lead healthier lives. Find out more about the center at: https://cdhis.uog.edu.et/
CDHI-University of Gondar is seeking a creative and skilled “Graphic Designer” to join our dynamic team. As a graphic designer, the applicant will be responsible for creating visually appealing designs that align with our works and objectives. The ideal candidate will have a strong portfolio showcasing their ability to produce high-quality graphics for both digital and print platforms.
- Develop visual concepts and graphics using design software.
- Create visually compelling designs for various documents and events, including brochures, flyers, banners, advertisements, social media posts, web banners, email templates, and other materials.
- Develop and design visually appealing presentations for internal and external use.
- Collaborate with the center team to ensure all designs align with our guidelines and effectively communicate key messages.
- Design graphics for the center’s website, social media platforms, and emails.
- Stay updated on design trends, tools, and technologies and recommend creative solutions to enhance the digital presence of CDHI-University of Gondar.
- Maintain and uphold the center’s brand identity in all design elements.
- Work closely with the center’s team to evolve and enhance the center’s visual identity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including with project directors and teams to understand design requirements and deliver effective solutions.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of all design outputs.
- Review and approve final designs before production or publication.
- Managing and organizing digital assets, including video files, graphics, and templates, for efficient access and reuse in various digital media outlets
- Ensure all designs are delivered within the given time frame and meet the highest quality standards.
Number of Post: 1
Contract: Full time for 1 year with possible extension based on performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Computer Science, Health Science or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience as a Graphics Designer, preferably in the health sector. The applicant may be asked to show previous works related to the graphic design
- Proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Strong understanding of design principles, layout, and typography.
- Ability to manage multiple design projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Provide a portfolio showcasing previous design work, emphasizing projects related to health or a similar sector.
How to Apply
Application should be submitted with a short CV (maximum length 4 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) email@example.com. The covering letter should describe how you meet the requirements for the position and why you want the job. Application dead line: within 5 days after the 1st date of the announcement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Gender Equality: CDHI is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We have also a vibrant team with different opportunities for growth with short term and long-term educational opportunities. We also offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including professional growth, parental leave, and other supportive working environments.