Website Hilina Enriched Foods PLC
Company Name: Hilina Enriched Foods PLC
Posted Date: 2023-11-20
Job Type: Full time
Salary: Attractive & Negotiable
#Purchasing and Procurement
Under the supervision of the plant Manager Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control local purchase and Store Management activities of the company. Establish key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance, and improve performance against set goals. Introduce new processes and systems to improve Local procurement and store management.
Major duties & responsibilities
· Develop and impelement local procurement and property administration strategy
· Plan, organize, direct, control, coordinate and evaluate the local procurement and Store management activities such as budget preparation, customer service, purchasing, inventory control, forecasting, warehousing, transportation and other areas that are required.
· Manage the day-to-day operations of purchasing & store management, assign tasks and supervise subordinates
· Monitor and analyze current trends in the marketplace, reevaluate existing and working contracts, renegotiate prices and conditions when necessary according to the ongoing market trends.
· Work with the production department on material planning, coordinate the needs and plan the supply and delivery time. Forecast and order the required raw materials at a balanced and equal rate to produce a certain amount of finished product as agreed with the Production Manager.
· Ensure the timely delivery of goods and services
· Ensure that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications
· Maintain suppliers database, purchase records and related documentation
· Manage suppliers relations, negotiate contracts, prices and timelines
· Take full responsibility for asset and inventory managent
· Ensure full compliance to purchasing and property administration and financial rules and regulations
· Work with the quality control to validate new suppliers for each raw material, know the specifications and get prior approval of the Quality Manager before purchasing the ingredients.
· Manage the procurement procedures including tendering,evaluation,contracting, contact management, performance evaluation and risk assessment
· Implement effective internal control system
· Ensure all materials and equipments are stored safely and correctly by item classification
· Monitor the life cycle /shelf life of assets and equipments
· Maintain sound working relationship with departments
· Establish key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance, and improve performance against set goals
· Mentor and Coach subordinates
· Introduce process improvement in purchasing and store managenet
· Prepare and submit performance reports in a timely fashion
· Ensures that all problems related to food safety management system is reported to immediate supervisor and Quality personnel.
· Ensure compliance with the relevant requirements of local, national and international laws related to environmental standards and end client’s environmental requirements.
· Ensure reduction targets (environmental objectives) are in place for environmental aspects e.g. water consumption and discharge, waste, energy and greenhouse gas emissions.
· Determine environmental aspects and impacts and devise methods to prevent or reduce these environmental impacts.
· Use the 3R + 1R rule (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rethink) to avoid or minimize discharges to water, emissions to air and disposal to land.
· Implement, document, maintain and continually improve the Environmental Management System (ISO 14001:2015).
· Perform other related duties as required.
· Education: B.A or M.A in Supply chain management, procurement management or any other related field of study
· Work experience: 8 years related work experience
· Strong negotiation Skill
· Understanding of accounting or finance
· Strong Communication skills
· Teamworking skills
· Strong analytical skill
How to Apply
How to apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) via EthiojobsOr apply in person to the following address:
Hilina Enriched Foods PLC
T: +251 116 679041/42
F: +251 116 675019
P.O.Box: 1648 CODE 1110
We avail transport service