Company NAme: ChildFund Ethiopia
Posted Date: 2023-09-13
Job Type:Full time
Title Snr. Manager, Resource Mobilization
Division: Global Operations
Location Addis Ababa – Bole, Ethiopia
Reporting Relationship: Country Director
Liaison with: PSD, Program Specialists, BD Specialist, Grants Compliance, Manager
Worldwide, 570 million children live in extreme poverty, vulnerable to many factors that threaten their well-being. Children need protection, support, and care at each stage of childhood to stay safe, healthy, learning and on track to achieve their potential. ChildFund works with local partner organizations, governments, corporations, and individuals to help create the safe environments children need to thrive.
ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.
The Senior Resource Mobilization Manager will support ChildFund International’soverall grant acquisition and management strategy and is responsible for providing leadership for Grant acquisition within the Country Office (CO). This includes capacity strengthening of staff, systems, and tools in the areas of donor engagement, proposal preparation, grants compliance and management. S/he willbe responsible for building CO execution capability for its grants and contracts, focusing on effective scoping, on timeliness and budget delivery, compliance with organizational and donor policies, procedures, and regulations, as well as risk mitigation. Prepare and execute resource mobilization strategy and review CO proposals, oversight of implementation and donors’ reports submission. The Snr. Manager will identify, establish, and strengthen new and existing partnership with donors, NGOs, Local Partners and Governments to advance resource mobilization and grant projects effectiveness. The Snr. Manager will work in close coordination and collaboration with ChildFund’s Global Business Development and Grant Management Teams.
- Ensures that all CO Business Development activity aligns with ChildFund’s Business Development Policy, Procedures and Practice.
- Lead the preparation of the Country Office’s grant acquisition strategy and ensure alignment with the Country Office’s Country Strategic Plan.
- Working in close coordination with the CO’s Technical Teams in the region and the Global Business Development Team ensure that the CO pre-positions itself successfully on relevant grant funding opportunities.
- Leads the Country Office’s Grant Acquisition efforts; responsible for strengthening the CO’s institutional capacity to acquire relevant grants and increase the CO’s grant portfolio.
- Leads the preparation and presentation of grant proposals and budgets and the successful submission of competitive grant proposals, ensure best practice is communicated, followed, and shared in all aspects of grants acquisition.
- Leads in donor mapping, scoping for opportunities and presenting to SMT, for Go-No-Go decisions.
- Ensures grant projects meet institutional donor requirements and are implemented in accordance with ChildFund, donor, country and international standards.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate systems and procedures to ensure compliance with donor contracts and ChildFund Project Management standards.
- Identify and map partners (NGOs, Local Partners and Governments) in view of their potential and interest in working with ChildFund in grant acquisition and management and experience sharing.
- Establish and strengthen new and existing partnership with NGOs, Local Partners and Governments to advance resource mobilization and grant projects effectiveness.
Supports the development and maintenance of effective relationships with current and prospective donors.
- Provides appropriate and timely feedback to ensure management is fully informed of grant project progress and success with all new and existing donors.
- Ensure donor compliance issues are met.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with ChildFund’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Bachelor/MSC degree or equivalent in relevant area.
- Certification from a reputable service provider in Project Management (PMP, PMD) is preferred.
- 7 years of experience in grants acquisition and management.
- Proven ability of articulating the organization’s core intent, strategic direction in ways that respond to donors’ expectations and requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and facilitating capacity building program/training, coaching and/or mentoring project staff in the basics of grant management.
- Knowledge of major donors’ requirements, applicable local regulatory and legal requirements.
- Demonstrated capability in execution of various stages of the grant lifecycle including pre-award review, grant progress monitoring, and award closure.
- Proven excellent communication, networking, presentation, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team for a successful achievement of proposal development
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in English a MUST.
How to Apply