Website Oromia Development Association (ODA)
Company Name:* Oromia Development Association (ODA)
Posted Date: 2024-02-10
Job Type: Full time
Salary: The salary is as per scale of ODA boarding school
Oromiya Development Association (ODA)invites applicants of committed and experienced teachers for its Boarding school found in Adama
1. Job Title:Mathematics teacher
2. Required number:01(one )
3. Job Description :
· ODA Boarding School aspires to be center of change and development, a catalyst for progress in science and technology, addressing the immediate and long-term demand of national economy, innovative research and education;
· The Boarding School is committed to be the center of excellence in science and technology and provide highest quality education and training which builds the technical capacity of manufacturing and other industries;
· The Boarding School has the responsibility of undertaking and encouraging relevant academic programs, action researches, and community services in national and local priority areas and disseminating the findings therefore, the Boarding School is in general desirous of reinforcing and expanding its areas of excellence in the teaching-learning process, research and community services;
· The Boarding School envisions building a strong and committed academic community that aspires attaining the lofty ideals and goals of high school education.
· We are seeking passionate teachers, who thoroughly enjoy teaching, excel in their ability to reach and support students and take endless pride and countless hours to design inspiring and engaging lesson plans and teaching units.
· We seek compassionate, hardworking and resilient individuals capable of dealing with many of the unforeseen challenges that occur in a school. We seek individuals who work well with others and would enjoy living at the ODA Boarding Schools.
· As a boarding school, teaching life extends well beyond time spent with students in a classroom. Tutorials, clubs, study hall supervision, field trips and ongoing engaging school wide activities also from part of a teacher’s responsibilities. Working at a boarding school requires a genuine commitment to serve as a role model and be an active part of the community.
4.Role and Responsibilities
ODA Boarding School teachers are responsible:
· To handle courses, tutorial, practical hours, mentoring and advising of boarding school students and take additional responsibilities which will be given by the school.
5.1. Education Qualifications:
We seek teachers who:
· Have Master of Education or M.Ed. Degree in Mathematics;
· Have Post Graduate Diploma in teaching /PGDT/ certificate;
· Graduated from recognized government college or University with a minimum of CGPA 2.75 for first degree and who was graduated in post level specialization in teaching;
· Four semesters recent consecutive performance evaluation result on average 90% and above;
· Minimum 4 years work experience in degree and 2 years in post graduate in teaching out of which 2 years in teaching secondary school Grade 11-12.
5.2. Knowledge & Skills:
We require teachers who are:
· Willing to attend in service training of teachers, self-motivated energetic, organized and flexible individual;
· Free from any addiction and well-mannered good conduct with no bad records;
· In principle willing to be around the school compound 24:00 hours except in exceptional condition;
· Understanding of the nature of boarding school and needs of high school students;
· Written and oral communication skills in English and Afan Oromo are mandatory;
· Professionally ethical, honest and willing to serve as outstanding role model in the community;
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Email usage, Google Suite, internet searching and willing to learn new computer skills;
· Able to demonstrate learner-centered teaching methodologies and are eager to continue to learn;
· Have an experience of working in schools with amission for academic excellence and student engagement;
· Willing to embrace and adhere to the ODA Boarding School’s requirements, values & mission;
· Active team players and problem solvers;
· Outstanding communicatorsand have strong interpersonal skills;
· Committed and passionate to teaching and highly motivated towards student development and growth;
· Willing to teach and support students after hours and on weekends.
6..Type of employment: permanent
7..Salary and Benefits:
The salary is as per scale of ODA boarding school;
· Benefits package are house with free electric and water cost or 1,200 /one thousand two hundred ETB/ provision of house allowance instead of house and 300 (three hundred ETB/ transportation allowance;
· Offers medicals service according to HRD manual of ODA;
How to Apply
8. Application Procedures for all vacant positions :
- The position is open to both male and female applicants. Applicants must demonstrate proof of eligibility to work in ODA Boarding School.
- An interested applicant who fulfils the job posting requirements can submit their complete application package;
- Application letter along with recent CV;
- Non-returnable copies with originals of both Masters and First Degrees temporary certificate of graduation or actual diploma and student copy;
- Relevant and current letter of work experience which indicates basic monthly salary, two consecutive year’s performance evaluation result and ladder of teacher’s career structure;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching /PGDT/ certificate and other all necessary documents;
- Review of complete application packages will begin as soon as they are received;
- Incomplete application packages will not be reviewed. In the event that an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline. For this reason, we encourage interested applicants to apply at the earliest possible time. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we will only be able to contact selected, short-listed candidates.
9. Place of Application:
- ODA Boarding School Adama Branch found in Adama town around Wonji Mazoria. For additional information use ODA Boarding School Adama Branch Office0221120860,
- ODA Head Office, in front of Bole Medihanialem, Oromia Tower 6th floor HRD Dep’t 0116392196 telephone numbers.
10Date of application: Only 10 (ten) consecutive working days starting from the announced date for vacant position.
11. How to apply: Interested and qualified applicants who fulfill the above mentioned requirements shall submit their application letter with recent curriculum vitae, both degree certificate of graduation M. Sc, /B.Sc temporary certificate of graduation or actual diploma with student copy, Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching /PGDT/ certificate, relevant and current letter of work experience which indicate basic monthly salary, two years consecutive performance evaluation result, ladder of teacher’s career structure and other relevant necessary documents with original and non-returnable copy to ODA head office of HRD Department Office around Bole Medihanialem, Oromia tower, 6th floor, ODA Boarding School Adama Branch in person during working hours or via Email email@example.com within 10 /ten/ consecutive working days starting from 12/02/2024GC or 04/6/16 EC or the announced date on https://www.ethiojobs.net/
· Note: Release or clearance letter from recent employer and a guarantor are mandatory to be employed for the position.