International Rescue Committee - IRC
Company NAme: International Rescue Committee – IRC
Posted Date: 2023-09-14
Job Type:Full time
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery, and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The Midwife officer is a member of the IRC health team and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the IRCs MHNTs activities in Karat Zuria woreda of Konso Zone. (S)He will primarily coordinate and implement effective medical logistics for the emergency health and nutrition program, from strategic design to implementation of a timely and appropriate medical supplies’ management, in line with organizational and international standards.
- Conduct Antenatal care including provision of T.T vaccination.
- Conduct Post Natal care.
- Provide Family Planning
- Ensure delivery plan with all registered pregnant women.
- Ensure referral of obstetrical emergencies
- Provide or link Sexual Assault Survivors to Clinical, Psychosocial Care and other SGBV services.
- Provide health education particularly on RH/HIV/AIDS including IYCF.
- Ensure that all specified HIV/AIDs and RH activities are implemented.
- Liaises and creates strong linkages with other sectors Nutrition, U5 Childhood illness OPD, SGBV, Hygiene & sanitation.
- Provide social and behavior change communication (SBCC) that promotes demands for RH services.
- Represent IRC at Health coordination meetings and task force meetings at Woreda level.
- Ensures that RH interventions are utilized as per the standard protocols, policies, and guidelines of MoH and WHO.
- Develop donor reports in collaboration with the senior health officers, Health and Nutrition Manager, field coordinator, and Addis’s health technical units.
- Participate in the design and delivery of robust M&E plans and design/adapt health information systems including surveillance systems for the IRC HN programs.
- Ensure that the stated goals and objectives of the projects are met.
- Provide weekly/ monthly progress and quarterly reports to the concerned and work closely with MEAL Officer and Technical units.
- Work with MHNT Team leader, MHNT Nurse, Sr. Health officer and Health & nutrition Manager, Admin, Finance, and supply chain based in Hawassa.
- Work with Woreda Health Offices, Health extension workers and/ or CVs and health staff of the health facilities
- BSC in Midwifery with at least 2 years proven experiences and having NGO experience is highly desirable.
Preferred experience & skills:
- At least 1 year of clinical experience in directly managing RH, including family planning), antenatal care, delivery, postpartum care, comprehensive abortion care, neonatal care, understanding and familiar with adolescent-friendly Reproductive health care services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
- Knowledge on culturally sound IEC/SBCC material on RH and HIV/AIDS topic.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating training.
- English language is mandatory and local language is advantageous.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the belowIRC Online recruitment website:
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short-listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality:IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer:IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.