International Rescue Committee - IRC
Company NAme: International Rescue Committee – IRC
Posted Date: 2023-09-14
Job Type:Full time
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery, and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The MHNT Nutrition Officer is a member of the IRC health team and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the IRCs MHNTs activities in Karat Zuria woreda of Konso Zone. (S)He will primarily coordinate and implement effective medical logistics for the emergency health and nutrition program, from strategic design to implementation of a timely and appropriate medical supplies’ management, in line with organizational and international standards.
Major key Responsibilities:
- Provide health education at MHNT sites,
- Provide proper nutrition screening and emergency nutrition services (OTP, TSFP and linking cases for SC) based on national protocols,
- Record and registration of consulted/treated and nutrition program beneficiaries,
- Prepare, compile and timely submission of child health and nutrition services report,
- Manage child health and nutrition products/drugs stock, follow up on the stock level, utilization, and balance and notify early shortage to MHNT team leader,
- Conduct demonstration of Super cereal plus and other nutrition products preparation for new mothers to ensure appropriate utilization,
- Capacitate and assist HEWs in providing child health and nutrition services provision,
- Compile and submit stock consumption reports.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by the MHNT Team leader and senior Health officer.
- Ensures that Health and Nutrition interventions are utilized as per the standard protocols, policies, and guidelines of MoH and WHO.
- Work with Woreda Health Offices, Zonal health desk, Health extension workers and/ or CVs and health staff of the two health facilities, and other IPs.
- In addition to IRC core values/competencies: diligence, attention to critical details, a keen sense of work priorities, and resourcefulness in obtaining and researching meaningful information.
- Meets timelines for all reporting and delivery of outputs; Results-based attitude, as well as excellent organization skills.
- NGO experience in emergency health response project activities is preferable. Demonstrable experience in working with communities in participatory approaches and capacity building of health centers.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise implementation of emergency health response projects.
- Good technical and report writing skills with computer skills and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, punctual and ability to constructively address gaps and weaknesses.
- Minimum work experience of 2 years for BSc Degree and 1 year for MPH/MSc Degree holders
Preferred experience & skills:
- Basic supervisory/managerial skills with strong inter-personal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
- English language is mandatory and local language is advantageous.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the belowIRC On-line recruitment website:
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality:IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer:IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.