Website International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC)
Company Name:* International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC)
Posted Date: 2024-02-12
Job Type: Full time
Salary: Based on the organization’s scale.
- Improve basic preventive health care at community level with emphasis in health, immunization, and nutrition services.
- Strengthen linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health offices.
- Strengthen early referrals mechanisms.
- Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and Stabilization Center (SC) to achieve project objectives.
- Facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP and SC.
- Train and support the health extension workers (HEWs) on prevention and response of major diseases under surveillance and in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
- Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
- Ensure and adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary drugs for provision of treatment under curative services, nutritional and clinical requirements at the catchment health facilities – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
- Conduct planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care in the community.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Education:Bachelor’s degree in nursing or Public Health with valid registration/practicing license.
- Experience: At least two years experience in the field, out of which one year NGO experience in the field; and experience in nutrition and health program MHNT implementation.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA): Good written and spoken communication skills in the local language (Amharic). Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and can cope with stressful situations. Good organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability and willingness to work in remote and potentially insecure environments.
- Competencies: Ability to work in a team; sensitivity to cultural conditions and practices; tenacity in observing procedures, regulations, and other requirements in implementing and maintaining IOCC programs; and make appropriate recommendations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV by sending your application to www.ethioJobs.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Nurse – Mobile Health and Nutrition Team’ in the subject line of your application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications from qualified women are highly encouraged.
Note: All the shaded areas of the form are mandatory, providing the rest of the information will boost your recruitment efforts.