BENEDETO Construction and Electromechanical
Company NAme: BENEDETO Construction and Electromechanical
Posted Date: 2023-09-04
Job Type:Full time
BENEDETO Construction and Electromechanical is a sister company of Apcon Enterprises Limited headquartered in Kenya, Nairobi involved in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) of solar PV projects. Benedeto has been operational in Ethiopia since 2013 and has been involved in various electrotechnical operations as well as real estate development. Currently, Benedeto has signed a subcontract agreement with Apcon Enterprises Limited to execute the construction and commissioning of solar PV project in 4 Woredas of the country with the mission to fully electrify health centers, Health posts and schools in each woreda with distribution of electricity to the community involved with mini grids.
Why we need you?
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, independent Operations Manager who is responsible for leading the overall exciting project. The position will manage all aspects of the assigned PV project throughout its life cycle and ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget, while minimizing risks.
Solar Operations Manager will be responsible to:
- Build and develop the project team to ensure maximum performance, providing purpose, direction, and motivation;
- Lead projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation;
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs;
- Develop, maintain and execute work plan to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project to assure that the project requirements can be met;
- Establish the project budget and take responsibility for the regular review and reporting to accounting on forecasted expenditures under the budget, as well as controlling expenditures so that the project remains within budget;
- Day to day management of the project and the project team.
- Serve as point-of-contact for clients during the project time.
- Lead the company effort to ensure all project stakeholders are focus on the project objectives. Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required.
- Conduct regularly scheduled project meetings with management, clients, and subcontractors to facilitate, confirm and communicate status of the project execution plan, schedule and engineering, procurement, and construction activities;
- Provide or coordinate engineering support for development and permitting activities as needed;
- Oversee the execution of and compliance with construction contracts and work with construction team to ensure adequate scopes of work are executed under those contracts;
- Coordinate and work with the legal department to facilitate the development, negotiation and execution of project contracts such as Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), term sheets, contracts, supply agreements, equipment purchase agreements, warranty agreements, commissioning agreements.
- Work with Management and Operations departments to define the requirements for adequate project turn-over and then assist with the transition of the project to Operations upon project completion;
- Establishing and maintain relationships with appropriate client stakeholders, provide day to day contact on project status and changes;
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholders meetings;
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meeting with clients and government representatives.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings;
- Oversee work product of technical personnel during execution of project and ensures compliance with reporting & legal requirements under contracts and to internal management;
- Sub Contractors & Local Suppliers
- Developers and public authorities
- Internal (Apcon and Benedeto) and external advisers (legal and financial)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Extreme Ownership – Takes personal responsibility for outcomes and perseveres in the face resistance or setbacks. Pursues everything with energy and drive.
- Subject Matter Expertise – Excels at his/her professional function, regularly demonstrating and sharing depth of knowledge and skills.
- Clear & Candid Communication – Ensures that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed; has the courage to say what needs to be said.
- Building Collaborative Relationships– Cultivates trusting, respectful, professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Planning & Problem-Solving – Takes the steps necessary to deliver high quality results, on time and on budget.
- Continuous Improvement – Constantly seeks ways to improve the internal and external customer experience .
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with Master’s in business administration/Project management or extensive experience in the field.
- Solid experience managing project in multiple places with min 10 years of experience as a project manager.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to build teams & cooperate them effectively
- Good Experience in Solar Installation (if possible)
- Good in Project management ability
- Good planning & report writing ability
- Ability to handle & coordinate all employees
- Good time management skill
How to Apply
Registration date: 10/Ten working days including Saturday from the date of announcement
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements shall not be considered
Salary & allowances are Negotiable
Interested & qualified applicants fulfilling the above requirements can submit their non-returnable application letter, CV & copies of all supporting credentials by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com or you can in person to Benedeto Construction Office at Akaki Kality Sub City at the back of Klinto Industrial Park. For more information call: +251901936278.