Company NAme: Reach Ethiopia
Posted Date: 2023-09-19
Job Type:Full time
REACH Ethiopia is a registered Ethiopian nonprofit organization dedicated to community development by executing innovative and targeted projects, delivering high-quality health services to underprivileged communities. Since its establishment in 2013, REACH Ethiopia has implemented more than 16 projects and harmoniously worked with over 19 partners worldwide. The organization has proven its capacity to take up new initiatives and carefully execute them to retain good practice and disseminate the learning to partners. REACH Ethiopia is currently implementing multiple TB-related activities at the national and regional levels.
REACH Ethiopia has received a grant from Expertise France to carry out a community-based TB prevention and control project in Zone-3 of the Afar region. The project will implement diverse models for TB case detection, treatment, and institutional capacity building, aiming to enhance TB care services within the pastoralist community of the Afar regional state in Ethiopia. The project’s objective is to reach key affected and vulnerable populations by advocating for community-led, rights-based, and gender-transformative comprehensive TB services. We are actively seeking an experienced individual to manage this project activities. The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall planning, implementation, monitoring, documentation, and dissemination of best practices related to project implementation.
Objectives of this role
Build and develop the project team to ensure maximum performance, by providing purpose, direction, and motivation.
Lead projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and implementation plans, including risk mitigation.
Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure that projects adhere to scope, schedule, and budget.
Analyze project status and, when necessary, revise the scope, schedule, or budget to ensure that project requirements can be met
Establish and maintain relationships with relevant client stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the project is delivered on time within the stipulated scope and budget
- Establish and maintain processes for managing scope during the project lifecycle, setting quality and performance standards and assessing risks
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Lead the annual project activity planning and ensure technical feasibility of the proposed activity.
- Serving as a point of contact for the project and the team.
- Ensure proper utilization of available resources.
- Develop a detailed plan to monitor and track the progress of the project
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage relationships between clients and stakeholders
- Measure project performance using appropriate project management tools
- Perform risk management analysis to reduce project risks.
- Report and escalate to upper management as and when needed.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive project documentation.
- Facilitate project mid and post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
Employment type: full time
Number of positions: 1
Location: Afar, Zone-3 /Awash 7Kilo
Payment rate: Attractive
Duration: 1 Year with the possibility of extension
- MD/BSc plus master’s degree in public health or related field of study
- More than 4 years’ experience in technical planning, implementation, monitoring and supervision of priority health programs
- Proven Experience on TB program project management
- Knowledge of Ethiopia’s health care system
- Experience in capacity building and utilizing participatory learning methodologies.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- The ability to organize and prioritize with eye for detail.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with partners at all levels (Government, NGOs, and local community-based organizations)
- Managerial skills (Leadership skills, Decisiveness, Problem-solving skills, The ability to delegate effectively, Time management skills)
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Amharic and Afargna
- Computer literacy; competency with Microsoft Office, internet and email systems
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with colleagues and partners
- Willingness to travel frequently within the project implementation area
- Previous experience with USG-funded projects is an advantage
How to Apply
By following our 3 steps application process:
Fill out the mandatory application formusing the following link:
Pastoralist community TB Project Manager application form It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
Attach your updated CVand application letter through the system.
Checkyour email and make sure you receive anautomatic responseacknowledging receipt of your application which means your application was successful.
If you encounter any challenges while using the system, please reach out to our HR officer at +251911040271.
The application deadline isSeptember 22, 2023.We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
REACH Ethiopia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.