Website Right to Play
Company Name:* Right to Play
Posted Date: 2024-02-12
Job Type: Full time
#Business and Administration, Human Resource and Recruitment
- Supports managers on developing and updating job descriptions that are reflective of current responsibilities of staff.
- Participates in job evaluation exercises and makes recommendations in respect of country structures and ensures that organograms are up to date.
- Manages the end-to-end recruitment cycle from job description review to contract negotiation and signing.
- Participates in first stage interviews of all staff below CD level.
- Updates recruitment records in the HRIS (My Play Portal) and the applicant tracking systems (VidCruiter).
- Provides guidance to managers on recruitment and contract extension processes in adherence to the Recruitment and Data protection policies.
- Coordinates the placement of interns and volunteers and administers their related issues and manages their records.
- Works closely with hiring managers to ensure that the pre and on-boarding processes are well executed and that all new hires are fully integrated by their third month with Right To Play (RTP).
- Facilitates and participates in employee orientation by preparing onboarding plans, scheduling Meet and Greet meetings with key employees; facilitates office arrangements and supports managers in the orienting of new employees into the organization and role.
- Works with managers to ensure that each new hire has clear probationary goals and books a date for the end of probation review meeting.
- Participates in RTP partner organization’s due diligence assessment to ensure RTP standards are followed.
- Manages the offboarding process ensuring that staff are offboarded from the HRIS system in a timely manner and that relevant people/units are informed accordingly.
- Conducts exit interviews, compiles and analyses the information to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Manages all employee data in HRIS (MPP) and ensures that information is up-to-date and accurate in soft and hard copies (if required in country).
- Ensures all changes in staffing are reflected in HRIS including adding new hires, making changes in contract status and terminating staff.
- Maintains all P&C information electronically in SharePoint (PlaySpace) e.g. disciplinary and grievance records, organograms, insurance/medical policies, etc. and ensures employee data is managed under the Data Protection Policy.
- Generates reports from HRIS to support decision making at country office and global levels.
- Conducts regular checks to ensure accurate and up to date HR information and documentation.
- Provides information for audits as required.
- Monitors and manages employee relations issues, maintaining confidential records related to grievances and complaints and coordinates their resolution.
- Conducts investigations and liaises with legal firms to resolve cases when needed.
- Reports to P&C HQ performance related cases, terminations and complex ER cases.
- Ensures transparent, fair and consistent application of disciplinary measures.
- Reviews and provides advice on policies that would prevent recurring conflicting situations.
- Proactively works with managers to implement employee contractual changes such as contract extensions, promotion, transfers or terminations.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive communication plan whereby the employees are kept abreast of issues related to P&C matters.
- Acts as a role model and coordinates structured initiatives to promote RTP Culture Code.
- Under the guidance of the Country Director, coordinates response to legal challenges in consultation with Director P&C, Country Offices and RTP Ethiopia legal advisor , ensuring that practices are aligned with RTP values and respective local laws and regulations.
- Ensures that RTP remains compliant with all P&C regulations in the Country Offices.
- Supports the Director P&C, Global Field and CD on the development of the P&C in country strategy and plan; leads on its implementation and ensures the local P&C strategy aligns with the Global P&C strategy.
- In collaboration with the Director P&C, Global Field, develops, reviews and updates the Employee Handbook ensuring that it reflects global policies, good practice and is legally compliant.
- Ensures effective, timely and clear communication of P&C policies and procedures.
- Conducts refresher training on RTP policies as required.
- Participates in the budgeting process, monitors in country P&C financial performance and coordinates with Finance team and the Director, Global Total Rewards and CD to ensure alignment with the approved budget.
- Works closely with Director, Global Total Rewards and CD to supports project team(s) in preparing project budget(s) related to staffing.
- Stays abreast of developments in various areas of P&C and shares information with the Senior Management Team (SMT) and P&C HQ.
- Develops and maintains updated in-country Internal policies in alignment with the latest country local laws, RTP approach and donor requirements.
- Provides guidance on requests for approval of policy exceptions and escalates to the relevant person for consideration.
- Reviews and provides advice on interpretation of P&C policies, regulations and rules; informs staff of their rights, responsibilities relating to code of conduct, sexual exploitation and harassment policies and difficulties associated with work and entitlements.
- Creates systems and processes to support the consistent, compliant and comprehensive application of RTP P&C practices and policies.
- Manages and provides advice to staff and management on salaries and related benefits such as health insurance, life insurance, employee retirement benefits) and other entitlements.
- Manages benefits programs within the country including the enrolment of benefits for eligible employees and the removal of departed ones.
- Liaises with HR service suppliers and insurance company regarding employees’ benefits.
- Keeps abreast with the latest development in employment related laws in the country; ensures that RTP complies with all government statutory regulations and recommends changes to benefits and entitlements on the basis of local labour laws.
- Reviews the country office payroll, reports and communicates adjustments to the country finance team by the local payroll cut-off date.
- Supports the annual salary and benefits survey and other initiatives to improve Total Rewards in the country office.
- Facilitates and monitors the implementation of RTP performance appraisal policy; ensures that managers are equipped with the necessary skills to set objectives, conduct probationary evaluations and annual appraisals.
- Supports the supervisors in determining training needs of their team, discuss those needs with the SMT and assists SMT team in determining appropriate staff development plans.
- Creates the country annual Learning and Development (L & D) plan in coordination with the Senior Management Team and HQ P&C team and develops a database of providers which are quality assured.
- Coordinates the delivery of training and development programs and liaises with the Senior Management Team to determine employee mobility and capacity building opportunities for the country team.
- Evaluates effectiveness and impact of staff development and career support programs and recommends ways to enhance effectiveness and impact.
- Delivers selected L&D sessions including changes in policies and processes.
- Maintains L&D records and attendee lists.
- Provides advice on safety and security issues to country employees as well as other RTP global teams visiting the country.
- Liaises with local officials, UN, NGOs and other agencies regarding security issues and ensures staff safety in countries where there is no security dedicated person.
- Contributes to establishing a culture where safeguarding is taken seriously by the SMT and other employees.
- Works with programs and logistics teams to ensure that the templates used for contracting have relevant sections clarifying expectations and accountabilities in safeguarding.
- Coordinates trainings for employees and partners to ensure clarity around safeguarding expectations and code of conduct and maintains a register of all trained individuals.
- Collaborates with the Global Safeguarding Specialist to ensure that all safeguarding concerns raised are addressed promptly.
- Participates in INGO/NGO forums to share information on the subject among others.
- Conducts safe recruitments for all vacant positions making sure that all measures are taken at every step to implement safeguarding best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/business or related discipline
- Extensive experience in human resources management in NGO with at least one year working at the Country Office
- Experience of working with HR Information Systems (HRIS) and Applicant Tracking System (ATS), e.g. SagePeople VidCruiter, Workday, etc.
- Experience of managing employee relations cases and working with legal firms
- Experience of managing HR service providers
- Demonstratable experience facilitating training sessions
- Ability to promote inclusivity and diversity in the workplace and within the team
- Ability to build professional partnerships with staff and managers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect
- Self-motivated and highly organized, detail oriented
- Flexible, comfortable with deadlines and able to work well under pressure
- Comfortable with ambiguity; ability to analyze the situation and come up with solutions
- Ability to maintain a fair balance between seeking the interests of the staff and safeguarding the principles and integrity of the organization
- Ability to take an impartial stand on P&C issues and recommend courses of action
- Strong team player
- Knowledge and understanding of local labor law, employment standards, occupational health & safety and human rights legislation
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for staff recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, job design, labour relations and negotiation, and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Competitive salary and benefits (e.g. medical and life insurance, transportation allowance)
- 20 paid vacation days per year
- 3 personal days per year
- 5 personal learning and development (L&D) days per year
- Maternity/paternity/parental leave top up and support
- Annual learning week
- Annual staff recognition awards
- Opportunity to connect with employees across our offices (e.g. Facebook Workplace)
- Opportunity to engage in global projects and initiatives
- Wellness programs
- Playful activities and events
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply with your resume and cover letter in English via the application link.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately and interviews may be held before the closing date.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. As such, we encourage groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions at Right To Play. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening or equivalent criminal check as a condition of employment.
We value and promote a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Should you require any accessibility related accommodations or specific adjustments to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process, and thereafter, please reach out to the People & Culture team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information provided will be treated as confidential and used only to provide an accessible candidate experience.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.