Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Company NAme: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Posted Date: 2023-09-13
Job Type:Full time
The Ethiopian government has adopted an Industrial Development Policy to transform the currently agricultural-led economy into an industry-based one, aiming to lift the population out of poverty and becoming a middle-income country by 2025. The textile and garment industry is considered priority sector on the path to industrialization. The sector is, however, often characterized by precarious working conditions, low wages, non-compliance with human rights and social and ecological standards. The establishment of Industrial Parks (IPs) form a core pillar of Ethiopia’s Industrialization Strategy.
The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the UK Government funded project “Sustainable Industrial Clusters”, implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, aims at job-effective growth, social and environmental sustainability of the textile and garment industry, by ensuring better working conditions for workers, better management in industrial parks, increased sustainability on industrial park and company level, improving institutional frameworks and improving capacities of local companies.
In order to ensure that, S.I.C wanted to hire one Private Sector Advisor that will handle the following duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities and Duties
The Private Sector Advisor shall:
- Facilitate, monitor, and support all the training activities to be given to project political experts to close their gaps in the selected areas (Quality Management Systems, Performance Analysis/optimization, Raw Material Utilization, and overall Sustainability Management).
- Advise and support the intervention conducted by the textile and garment companies to improve their institutional framework on social and environmental standards, i.e. Working closely with MIDI/TGIRDC to promote compliance of companies with respective standards.
- Provide support in capacitating companies to improve internal workflow.
- Working with the business linkages team to improve the capacities of local companies to fulfill the sector’s standards that help them with vertical integration
- Advise project to develop new standards or systems related to the sector.
In addition, the employee takes over the responsibility as Strategy Unit advisor to include the following tasks:
- Act as the technical focal person for the output within the team
- Provide technical guidance to the team on output implementation and partner coordination
- Coordinate the output work plan, including set-up of the work plan, follow-up with responsible persons for each intervention
- Organise, prepare and conduct RRRs every six weeks as well as weekly output meetings
- Coordinate/update work plan and implementation with partner organizations, including organizing (monthly) meetings with partners to update work plan jointly.
- University degree in Textile Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and similar fields (Master is preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of Amharic and English language both in speaking and writing, German language knowledge is an asset
- Good working knowledge of IT (Microsoft Office, PowerPoints, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and Agile CRM)
- Excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads.
- Eye for detail and team spirit
- Strong results orientation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Private Sector Advisor #157/2023’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to the large number of applications, we categorize applications with vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In the case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to ourbrochureto learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefits package