Company NAme: Samaritan’s Purse
Posted Date: 2023-09-15
About Samaritan’s Purse
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine. Samaritan’s Purse is privileged to be part of the humanitarian effort in Ethiopia and legally registered as foreign charity to work in Ethiopia since October 08, 2018.
Duration of Contract:December 31, 2024.
The Procurement Officer is responsible to work closely with Tigray Operations department and Procurement team, as well as field-based staff and finance for the procurement of all materials and services required for SP Ethiopia (SPE) programs and reports to the Assistant Procurement Manager. The position will liaise with the rest of the team for procurement and operations to ensure all Procurement Policies, Procedures and guidelines are in place, followed and documented.
· Execute procurement and sourcing of all items and service purchase from suppliers with transparent accountability, efficiency and cost effectiveness. By meeting the six rights of supply (right price, right time, right quantity and quality services to the required places & from the most cost-effective source).
· Well understood Procurement policy and process of SP and implement well and understand Internalize SP FOG and Procurement Policy.
· Facilitate processes required for Procurement to include maintain and update procurement database, vendors database, tracking contract and framework agreements, coordination with IHQ for International orders, work with Logistics and Fleet team for transport of imported materials within country.
· Completing procurement transaction and payment and prepare electronic documentation for all purchases as per SP documentation requirement.
· Ensure items are delivered to warehouse and Goods Received Note is issued when the Supplies is received and dispatched.
· Ensure finalized procurement documents are timely scanned and submitted to the Finance Department for payment.
· Compile Suppliers data base like a supplier’s background, capabilities, and integrity.
· Provide documents and information to the warehouse staff when new fixed assets are procured.
· Provide relevant procurement data to management to support operational needs and the program development process.
· Maintain procurement files including all relevant documentation and vendor tracking system she/he will maintain all the relevant information concerning the organization’s procurement history.
· Onsite and remote support for field procurement staffs, facilitate payments in country office.
· Ensure all suppliers are regularly vetted, get proper approval, numbered and filed in the Procurement team.
· Provide procurement planning support to the program staff as required.
· Assist with the preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
· Submit procurement reports to the Assistant Procurement Manager on a weekly & monthly basis.
· Uphold the organizations Christian Values to colleagues, vendors, beneficiaries and the public.
· Other duties assigned by the line supervisor.
Education / Experience Needed
· Preferred BA degree in Procurement, supply chain management, purchasing management, Business management, Marketing management, or related field.
· Minimum of three Years’ Experience in a similar setup preferably in INGO/NGO.
· Amharic and English (spoken and written required)
· Tigrigna languages strongly desired
· Excellent Computer skills like Excel, Word and related and other software desired.
· Excellent Verbal/written & oral communication skill in English.
· Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging way.
· Able to give attention to detail.
· Well-developed organizational and planning skill. Well organized documentation skill.
· High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player.
· Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
· Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be exposed to loud noises around the maintenance and construction workshops.
· May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
· Work in a security context that is fluid
The employee is required to carry out his/her duties in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse Safeguarding policy and Code of conduct.
Employee should remain alert and responsive to any child and adult safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills, which will enable him/her to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child and adult safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct his/herself in a manner consistent with the Safeguarding Policy
How to Apply
How to Apply
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised by submitting their CV/Resume (maximum of 2 pages) and application letter (one Page only) no later than September 20 , email@example.com. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line,”Procurement Officer in Tigray”
Only candidates that are short-listed will be contacted.