Company NAme: Christian Aid
Posted Date: 2023-09-15
Job Type:Full time
Salary: $ 1,556.00/month
Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity and equality and justice worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart.
Ethiopia Country Program
Christian Aid has been active in Ethiopia since 1998 working for a resilient Ethiopia, where vulnerable and poor communities can anticipate, adapt and respond to shocks and stresses take charge of their own development, ensuring rights, dignity and inclusion.
About the role
The post holder will directly manage and support Christian Aid partner’s gender and inclusion and protection related works and externally represent Christian Aid where appropriate. The role is located in the Africa Division of the International Department, Ethiopia Country programme and line managed by the Program Manager. In addition, the post holder will provide technical guidance and support to partners and especially ensure that monitoring, evaluation and programme reporting are carried out in accordance with Christian Aid’s quality standards and donor requirements.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic candidate who can work in the area of Women Empowerment, Gender and Inclusion. You will be needed to be proactive, solution focused and strong partnership management skill, team player, able to create good team relationship across Christian Aid and Partners. If you feel you are competent to help with these and fulfill the under-mentioned requirement, you are invited to apply for the post of Program Officer-Gender and Inclusion. Women are encouraged to apply.
Employment Type: Full time
Fixed Term: 2 years
Salary: $ 1,556.00/month
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: September 24, 2023
- Applied skills/knowledge and expertise
- Minimum of Master Degree in, social sciences, Gender studies, Sociology, development studies, project management.
- More than 5 years relevant experience in NGOs.
- Strong analytical skills and a good understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning, Gender and Power analysis
- Proven experience in leading participatory vulnerability and capacity assessment processes.
- In depth knowledge of office programs including MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Strong IT skills
- Familiarity with program cycle management approaches and tools – including participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation, learning and documentation
- Ability to work independently, self-directed, to meet deadlines and ability of working under pressure and with multiple priorities.
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports
- Specialized knowledge on inclusion, intersectionality and gender.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build cross cultural relationships remotely across geographic boundaries
- Experience of working with partners.
- To be able to manage and organize information systems and establish and maintain filing systems.
- Experience of working with an international NGO or with an institutional donor
- Experience in complex emergencies
- Problem solving abilities
- Budget monitoring skills
How to Apply
To apply for the post, please go to the following site:
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.