Website Research Triangle Institute(RTI) International
Company Name:* Research Triangle Institute(RTI) International
Posted Date: 2024-02-06
Job Type: Full time
#Agriculture, Development and Project Management
Research Triangle Institute (RTI)has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a not-for-profit, independent research institute based in North Carolina, USA, RTI has roughly 5,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects. RTI’s Sustainable Growth & Resilience (SG&R) technical unit within the International Development Group brings together RTI experts and capabilities across food security, agriculture, energy, environment, water, governance, and economic opportunity. SG&R will leverage RTI’s experience designing and delivering multisectoral programming and technical solutions to respond to climate change, build resilience, and promote economic growth around the world.
SG&R’s Global Food Security and Agriculture portfoliois working to strengthen agricultural markets, engage youth and women as critical leaders of the on- and off-farm workforce, and tackle the dual burden of malnutrition around the globe. RTI’s work is helping foster stronger food systems, reduce malnutrition in all its forms, build resilience and engage the next generation of food security leaders. RTI is currently partnering on nearly 30 projects in East Africa, including activities focused on private sector-driven agricultural growth in Rwanda and market systems development in Kenya.
The purpose of the Feed the Future Ethiopia Transforming Agriculture activity is to increase access to healthy diets, particularly for women and children, by improving competitiveness, inclusiveness, and resilience of the Ethiopian food and agriculture system. Feed the Future Ethiopia Transforming Agriculture will also increase incomes gained from agriculture by as much as 40 percent over the next five years. To achieve its goals, the activity must collaborate intensively with other USAID funded projects working in the food and agriculture sector.
Position Description/Job summary
RTI is seeking aProgram Officer based in Semerafor Feed the Future Ethiopia Transforming Activity. The Program Officer, Semera will assist in the design and implementation of food supply, food environment and food utilization activities. The Program Officer, Semera will bring appropriate knowledge and technical skills for livestock and crop production to support food system transformation approaches in their assigned area. TheProgram Officer, Semera will support relationships with local level government, private and public partners.The Program Officer, Semera will serve as an engagement manager for grant activities, coordinating closely with Ethiopia Transforming Agriculture’s Dire Dawa area program office. This position will be based in Semera, Afar region,andwillreport to the Area Program Coordinator, Semera.
Position Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in design and implementation of food supply, food environment and food utilization activities in assigned area.
- Assist in design and monitoring program activities planned to achieve improved livestock, crop, horticulture, and other potential market systems that contribute to food system transformation in assigned area.
- Maintain relationships with local level government stakeholders, private agribusinesses, farmer associations and other relevant partners in assigned area.
- Contributes to field travel day-to-day risk assessments by sharing information and other data with the Security Manager.
- Serve as engagement manager for assigned grantees and other partners in assigned area to ensure high-quality implementation.
- Identify opportunities to synergize with other USAID and other donor activities in the region.
- Support monitoring, evaluation and learning activity (MEL) team on livestock, crop, horticulture, other program activities, and ensure timely data collection.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience, master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated skills in agricultural extension, agribusiness development, project coordination and/or partnership management.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, abilityto travel woredas and work throughout Afar region.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in English required, understanding of local context and Afar language.
- Ready to work in Afar region without relocation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through the link :Program Officer, Semera-Afar in Ethiopia | RTI International