Website International Organization for Migration - IOM
Company Name:* International Organization for Migration – IOM
Posted Date: 2024-02-09
Job Type: Full time
Salary: As per IOM salary Scale for G-3
#Development and Project Management, Social Sciences and Community
SPECIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Open to Internal/External Candidates
Project Assistant, Hygiene Promotion
Type of Appointment:
Special Short Term, Six months with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date:
As soon as possible
23 February 2024
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
Under the general supervision of the Preparedness and Response Unit Coordinator, Programme Manager (WASH) and the direct supervision of the Programme officer (WASH) and in close coordination with Head of Sub-office, the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of hygiene promotion and community engagement activities in the Shire area of responsibility (AOR) and will contribute towards the achievement of the organization’s overall goal.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
· Assist in the implementation and monitoring of hygiene promotion and community engagement activities.
· Support administrative coordination for project implementation, involving liaison with diverse organizational units or external parties to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process, and follow-up on administrative actions.
· Respond to general information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records.
· Support the organization of meetings, workshops and training sessions with WASH partners, hygiene promotion volunteers, Government counterparts etc.
· Assist in drafting status reports, correspondence, briefing notes, graphics, statistical tables, presentations, and other forms of documentation.
· Support assessments and compilation of data on multiple platforms using different tools.
· Participate in meetings and conferences; assist in coordinating implementation.
· activities with local authorities, partners, United Nation agencies, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, donors and other stakeholders relevant to the project.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· School diploma with three years of relevant experience; or,
· Bachelor’s degree in political or social sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with one years of relevant professional experience.
· Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations;
· Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
· Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage
· Understands and masters quickly the context and the environment of work.
· Effectively manages own work related to multiple tasks or activities and is independently able to prioritize amongst tasks.
· Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
· Adapts well to a changing environment and demonstrates flexibility.
· Capacity, willingness, and skills in teamwork.
· Experience in working with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.,).
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
Working knowledge of the local languages is an advantage
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
VALUES – All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
CORE COMPETENCIES – Behavioral indicators – Level 1
Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate about this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and a work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
How to apply:
For applicants to be considered, applicants are required to apply viaEthiojobs.netindicating the short vacancy number and position title as mentioned in the short vacancy notice he/she applied for in the email Subject line. Any application that does not have this information in the subject line willnotbe considered attach the following:
· Motivation/Application letter
· CV (written in English) with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone)
· Copies of all Academic Certificates from an Accredited University
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 09 February 2024 to 23 February24
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!