Website Center for Digital Health and Implementation Science-UOG
Company Name:* Center for Digital Health and Implementation Science-UOG
Posted Date: 2024-02-09
Job Type: N/A
Salary: Negotiable based on the project’s scale
#Development and Project Management, Health Care
About the Project
As part of the national Capacity Building and Mentorship Project (CBMP), University of Gondar-Center of Digital Health and Implementation Sciences is leading the implementation of the CBMP program in collaboration with Addis Ababa University, Jimma University, Hawassa University, Haramaya University, Mekele University and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in providing technical assistance to regional health bureaus.
The aim of the project is strengthening the digital health, data quality and information use culture towards attaining one of the HSTP agenda; Information revolution in 100 woredas in the country.
The specific objectives of the project include:
- Improving data quality and transformation of health information at subnational level
- Improving the culture of data use for informed decision-making.
- Transforming digital health and HIS at Health facilities
- Improving the capacity of RHB and Zonal HDs on data analytics and evidence generation
- Expediting the digitization process through engagement and partnership with local Universities
- Build implementation science research capacity at universities and policy makers
The center for Digital Health and Implementation Sciences (CDHI) is a dynamic and multi-disciplinary center of Excellence of the University of Gondar dedicated to advancing the future of healthcare in Africa through cutting-edge research, education, and innovation in digital health. Our vision is to revolutionize healthcare by harnessing the power of digital technologies and data-driven solutions using embedded implementation science approach with decision makers and frontline health workers. We believe that through research, Innovation and collaboration, we can overcome healthcare challenges and empower individuals and communities to lead healthier lives. Find out more about the center at: https://cdhis.uog.edu.et/
CDHI-University of Gondar is seeking a project coordinator to lead the monitoring and evaluation of Capacity Building and Mentorship program (CBMP). This position gives overall coordination of the project activities in the selected woredas and health facilities. Planning, monitoring and evaluation of project activities; overseeing the development and implementation and quality assurance procedures at site level and ensuring timely reporting of performances on monthly and quarterly basis.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Plan and supervise the project implementation regularly.
- Prepare realistic and participatory detailed implementation plans that are adequately broken down into annual, quarterly, and monthly plans.
- Analyze regular reports and produce a synthetic and analytical progress report to guide management decision-making.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate capacity building trainings, mentorships, supervisions, workshops and conferences.
- Collaborate and work with the Health System, technical, finance, and logistics teams to implement project activities smoothly.
- Monitor and evaluate the overall project activities.
- Regularly inform the Health System team, technical team, and finance and logistics team on the progresses of the activities.
- Produce and support the development of regular financial and technical reports.
- Document and archive all the technical and project documents.
- Actively facilitate, participate and contribute to review meetings, partner forums and conferences.
Number of Post: 1
Contract: Full time for 1 year with possible extension based on performance
- Master’s degree in project management, health informatics, public health, health service management, monitoring and evaluation, and related fields.
- At-least five (5) years of proven work experience and at least two years in similar position (projects working on Information Revolution, HIS, digital health, etc) responsible for project coordination
- Experience in implementing Capacity-building and research projects in health fields.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in team.
- Excellent organizing and prioritizing skills and attention to detail.
- Computer skills – Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and data analysis, browsing and information searching on the internet
- Ability to represent the organization in negotiation, coordination, and leading a process involving various local stakeholders and to act as a part of multi-cultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Fluency in English and Amharic.
How to Apply
Application should be submitted with a short CV (maximum length 4 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) email@example.com. The covering letter should describe how you meet the requirements for the position and why you want the job. Application dead line: within 5 days after the 1st date of the announcement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Gender Equality: CDHI-University of Gondar is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We have also a vibrant team with different opportunities for growth with short term and long-term educational opportunities. We also offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including professional growth, parental leave, and other supportive working environments.