Website The Fred Hollows Foundation Ethiopia
Company Name: The Fred Hollows Foundation Ethiopia
Posted Date: 2023-11-20
Job Type: Full time
#Admin, Secretarial and Clerical
- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness.
- Full time, Permanent Role based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Closing Date: 30 November 2023.
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Fred Hollows Foundation is an international development organization working to prevent blindness and restore sight.This year marks The Foundation’s 30th anniversary of carrying on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation is known around the world as an organization that works with purpose and determination. With a reputation for excellence, we are well known for making change happen.
The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25+ countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realizing our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind, or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
We are also proud to announce we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the2022 Australian HR Awards. The Foundation is also endorsed and in partnership with The Life You Can Save.
To find out more about our work, please visit our websitehttps://www.hollows.org
How we recognize your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you.
The “Receptionist” is accountable to act as the immediate face of The Fred Hollows Foundation Ethiopia (FHFE), providing general administration, logistical and clerical support to FHFE Country Office under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager.
- Provide a range of front office services such as answering and transferring telephone calls, placing phone calls as requested and take & relay information/messages and seek clarification where not clear.
- Manage the correspondences (incoming and outgoing) and handle all secretarial work of the organization as requested by the Managers, Supervisors, and department offices.
- Acting as the point of contact between SMT and internal or external stakeholders/partners
- Organizing meetings and booking meeting rooms
- Handling correspondence directed to managers.
- Producing reports and presentations for the senior management
- Develop and implement new administrative systems, such as record management for the country office.
- Provide support in organizing events as requested.
- Provide office logistical support in the day-to-day office activities, taxi transfers for FHF staff and visitors to ensure effectiveness of program work.
- Ensure the knowledge of staff movements in and out of the domicile office & updating register.
- Ensure timely flight requests from staff and visitors ensuring timely receipt of flight tickets and airport transfers ensuring value for money.
- Set and manage SMT calendars.
- Be a central repository for all central communications, documentations, and administrative services.
- Offer administrative support in the application and processing of visas and other travel documents for the FHFE staff and visitors.
- Facilitate booking of accommodation for staff and visitors in program areas and Addis within the facilities on the database.
- Prepare and disseminate administrative templates to concerned departments.
- Prepare budget requests for meetings and other administrative work as requested by the supervisor.
- Perform all clerical and secretarial responsibilities as directed by the senior management.
- Other tasks as requested by your manager.
- Strong communication skills including fluency in written and spoken English.
- High sense of integrity, ethics, and confidentiality
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and active listener.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills including the ability to priorities and multi-task work.
- An energetic self-starter with the resilience, pace, interpersonal flexibility, and comfort with ambiguity to succeed within the evolving and sometimes demanding contexts.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- At least 3 years work experience preferably in a similar role within an international organization preferably in NGO.
- Minimum of BA Degree in Secretarial Science and Office Management, Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent required.
- Customer service orientation.
- Experience in managing travel and hotels bookings.
- Using IT systems and packages, in particular Microsoft Office.
- Diary management and appointment booking using manual and computerized systems.
- Working in a busy office environment.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via ourWebsite, and should include your resume and cover letter. Please address your cover letter to the Talent Acquisition Team and include a response to the “About You”, “Key Responsibilities” and “What You’ll Need to Succeed” sections of the advert as well as details of your current and expected salary.
Applications Close: 30 November 2023
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to ensuring our projects and activities are implemented in a safe and productive environment that prevents harm and avoids impacting the health and safety of all people, particularly children, vulnerable people, and disadvantaged groups. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please be advised:
- Fred Hollows Foundation will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active roles are advertised directly on our websitehere.
- Please note we will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.
The Fred Hollows Foundation – Ethiopia (FHF-E) has been re-registered and licensed by The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Organizations Of Civil Societies in accordance with the Organizations Of Civil Societies Proclamation No.1113/2019 and certificate number 2985, on May 20/2019.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate right to work in Ethiopia.