Company Name: EthioChicken
Posted Date: 2023-11-21
Job Type: Full time
#Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration, Information Technology
EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to provide one chicken per person per year through smallholder farmers.
Our purpose is making farmers of Ethiopia healthier and wealthier.
To enable our teams to achieve our vision of one chicken per person per year, EthioChicken is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Reporting Team Leader to lead our dynamic reporting team. The ideal candidate will be an expert in PowerBI and experience in the MS Dynamics ERP system is additional. This individual will play a pivotal role in collecting, prioritizing, and designing analytical and statistical reports for various business entities and groups. The Reporting Team Leader will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring reporting experts, as well as conducting training for both internal staff and IT personnel. The right candidate for this role is passionate about creating easy-to-understand dashboards that drive key business decisions, working across departments to understand and inform their analytics requirements, and coaching and growing young talent on his/her team. This role will also closely work with and influence Reporting across the Hatch Africa group of companies, ultimately rolling out solutions built in Ethiopia to 6 other markets.
Key Performance Indicators:
1) Time to action reporting requests (e.g., deploy new reports, make adjustments, etc)
2) 99% confidence in data quality by business leadership
- Develop and implement a strategy for the organization to leverage business intelligence tools (e.g., Power BI) to drive meaningful insights about the business and inform key decisions.
- Design / develop new dashboards and continuously improve existing dashboards to be visually appealing, intuitive, and communicate complete insights to executive teams.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding and proficiency in PowerBI to drive insightful and actionable reporting solutions.
- Possess additional experience with the MS Dynamics ERP system to enhance reporting capabilities.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to reporting experts within the team to foster professional growth and development.
- Develop the necessary data systems, data infrastructure, or models to enable business intelligence reporting.
- Create informative, actionable, and repeatable reporting that highlights important Establish and manage process for incoming reporting requests (new dashboards, changes to existing dashboards, one-off requests)
- Demonstrate curiosity to dive deep into understanding key business challenges (e.g., drop in sales, production challenges)
- Proactively problem-solve data quality issues, including working closely with user departments to improve data input quality, identifying opportunities to improve data, etc.
- Collaborate with entities and departments to collect reporting requirements; work closely with business intelligence teams in other countries of Hatch Africa’s operations.
- Prioritize and organize reporting needs to ensure alignment with organizational goals.
- Design and develop analytical and statistical reports tailored to the specific needs of business entities and group.
- Conduct training sessions to educate internal staff on reporting best practices.
- Provide training for internal IT staff to ensure a comprehensive understanding of reporting tools and methodologies.
Additional Mandatory Duties:
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging reporting technologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure reporting solutions align with business strategies.
- Regularly assess and improve reporting processes for increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and development within the reporting team.
- Ensure compliance with data security and privacy regulations in all reporting activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Information Technology, Computer Science).
· 4-6 years of experience.
· In-depth knowledge of PowerBI and proficiency in MS Dynamics ERP is additional.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
· Leadership experience with a focus on coaching and mentoring.
How to Apply
Please title your application with the subject line: – ” Reporting Team Leader.
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications (Cover Letter) including a detailed CV to
Women are highly encouraged to apply!