Website RAMADA BY WYNDHAM ADDIS, ADDIS ABABA
Company Name: RAMADA BY WYNDHAM ADDIS, ADDIS ABABA
Posted Date: 2023-11-20
Job Type: Full time
#Business and Administration, Hotel and Hospitality, Sales and Marketing
The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues. The Sales Executive is responsible for an increase in transient room revenue by increasing production of existing accounts. He/she is also responsible for month-end reporting and tracking of account production.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including F&B, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Meet or exceed set goals. Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the account coverage requirements.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features & benefits of a hotel
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities & events. Entertain clients and also handle inquiries.
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
- Prospect for new transient business. Track all transient leads (lost and turndown). Participate in transient, group and catering lead referral.
- Maintain regular communication with all special corporate/preferred corporate accounts and send quarterly production reports to all clients. Communication to be property defined may include newsletters, client receptions/recognition functions, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries and request for pricing.
- Maintain in-depth files on all accounts; via hard files and/or automated account management system.
- Assist in updating Brand national Transient database, if applicable. Coordinate local transient sales initiative and activities with Brand National Transient Sales for national and regional transient accounts, if applicable.
- Participate in trade shows, community & professional organizations to maintain high visibility.
Minimum Selection Criteria:
- BA Degree in Marketing/Business Management fromaccredited institution or related field of study.
- A minimum of 3 years hotel experience as a Sales Executive/Asst Sales Manager etc
- Strong communication skills (both spoken & written – English/Amharic Languages)
- Computer literate and expert in PMS & MS Office applications
- Ability to produce results on time and accurately.
- Strong negation skill /persuasive and outgoing personality.
How to Apply
Interested, but qualified candidates may apply to HR Office atRAMADA by Wyndham Addis, Addis Ababa
Bole Sub City, Block #14, Woreda #03, House No 268, Africa Avenue, Addis Ababa, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Deadline: November 30th, 2023
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.