Company NAme: Jotun Ethiopia
Posted Date: 2023-08-25
Job Type:Full time
WHO WE ARE
Jotun’s story in the MEIA region (Middle East, India and Africa) began in 1962, and has grown to include 18 legal entities committed to achieving success and growth of the Jotun Group. Throughout our history, we have focused on providing our employees with meaningful and challenging work, rewarding them through continued learning and development, underpinned by our values of Loyalty, Care, Respect and Boldness.
As a 100% subsidiary under Jotun Group, Jotun Ethiopia Paint Manufacturing PLC. was established in 2020. It has since become one of the fastest growing company within MEIA (Middle East India and Africa) Region. By investing in an advanced paint production plant, and building a highly competent and motivated team locally, we aim to strengthen Jotun’s leading position in Ethiopia as well as in East Africa, through our very ambitious market development plans which are focusing on Quality, Profitability, Innovation and Corporate Values.
Visit our Career Page to know more about life at Jotun.
Jotun’s company culture welcomes and values differences in people. Our more than 10,200 employees on all continents represent 90 nationalities, four generations and diversity of professions, gender, abilities, ethnicities, beliefs, cultures etc. We are committed to represent the societies we operate in, promoting equality, equity and zero-tolerance for discrimination.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
As Sales Officer, you will support the Project Sales Manager in promoting and selling Jotun Products to new/existing customers. Developing strong customer relationships by utilizing Jotun sales tools and techniques to achieve budgeted sales with the aim of increasing Jotun market share and profitability.
This position is based in Addis Ababa and you will report to Project Sales Manager.
- Support the Sales manager to achieve sales targets by managing relationships with customers and pursuing profitable growth opportunities in assigned customer accounts, thereby contributing to the sales turnover.
- Support to develop customer account plans for all assigned customers by identifying the relevant customer needs, prioritizing initiatives and company resources to meet customers’ needs, and maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Monitor the progress of projects, deliveries, or accounts closely with customers and contractors, resolving problems, responding to queries (technical and commercial) as well as inspecting painting progress to ensure project completion on the agreed time and to obtain optimum coating performance.
- Promote products, services, and solutions to owners and consultants through regular visits, product presentations, and follow-ups, and respond to inquiries to recommend and ensure Jotun is specified for the projects, thus creating sales opportunities for the company.
- Follow-up on projects within allocated geographical territories and concept markets by coordinating and monitoring closely with project personnel to ensure Jotun products are used to achieve the sales budget.
- Monitor collections to ensure customer payment is received within an agreed term to achieve budgeted days outstanding.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and proposals to win new business and increase sales turnover and profitability with existing customers. Assists with securing orders for larger projects in conjunction with others as appropriate.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Continuous learning opportunities and training activities
- Career development opportunities across multiple disciplines and geographies
- Leaders who focus on engaging and enabling their team, proven by consistently high employee feedback scores
- A supportive and inclusive company culture where you can be your authentic self
- A focus on having fun together through team buildings and social activities
What We Look For
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Initiative & Responsibility: acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Networking: builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- Effective Communication: communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- Teamwork: co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- Execution: adheres to company rules and procedures; executes plans with commitment and determination; achieves high quality results
- Self-Development: is aware of own strengths and limitations and pursues learning and career development opportunities
How to Apply