Company Name:* INKOMOKO
Posted Date: 2024-02-09
Job Type: N/A
#Business and Administration, Business Development, Management
About the Company
Inkomoko supports entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in order to improve livelihoods, create jobs, and help communities thrive.
Founded in 2012, Inkomoko has worked with more than 60,000 entrepreneurs across East Africa, including thousands of refugee entrepreneurs. Inkomoko provides a combination of training, consulting, access to finance, and market-level systems change. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Africa.
Inkomoko has +390 staff in 30 offices across Rwanda, Kenya, Ethiopia, and South Sudan. Through Inkomoko’s 2030 strategic plan, we are adding 4 additional countries to improve the lives of more than 7.6M people by serving more than 550,000 entrepreneurs and investing $150M into refugee & host communities across Africa.
All staff at Inkomoko are connected to a shared set of organizational values:
- Purpose:be solutions-oriented, produce high-quality work, be a global leader.
- Achievement:push yourself to reach beyond what you previously thought possible.
- Improvement:be humble, engage in continuous growth through open & accurate feedback.
- Bravery:willing to take risks, create a safe space for others, be compassionate, inclusive.
- We Eat Goat:we celebrate success and support each other in hard times.
Inkomoko is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Refugees, women, and persons who reflect the diverse communities we serve are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Opportunity
Inkomoko Ethiopia seeks a highly talented and experienced Senior Business Development Advisor to work directly with our entrepreneur clients in the Camps and Host communities.
The Senior Business Development Advisor will join a growing start-up team with core responsibilities.
MANAGEMENT & GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (50% time)
- u200bu200bServe as a coach, mentor, and advisor to Business Associates (BAs) and Business Development Advisors (BDAs) to enhance their business development skills
- Ensure client recruitment targets are achieved in assigned locations
- Assist BDAs/BAs and review work as needed to ensure high-quality work is delivered to clients
- Coordinate the BDAs and BAs activities with other department activities, ensuring the highest quality of organization and client services outcomes
- Work with the Business Development Manager and Inkomoko leadership team to develop annual goals for the BGS department
- Build the capacity of BDAs and BAs team to achieve Inkomoko Ethiopia’s annual business development service objectives, market linkages, advocacy &access to finance.
- Represent Inkomoko in stakeholders meetings and activities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with partners, business community leaders in Addis Ababa
- Keep up to date on the latest business and industry trends in Addis Ababa and the refugee communities
- Ensure set KPIs on individual business, market linkages and advocacy are met in the locations under his/her supervision
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT & CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (40% time)
- Conduct regular site visits to provide real-time coaching for assigned client portfolio based on business needs, challenges and opportunities
- Provide informed, strategic, and realistic advice to help clients meet their objectives for business growth.
- Ensure up-to-date clients’ business information across locations in an accurate manner using the applicable project management tools
- Review BDAs & BAs consulting work to define immediate client needs and areas of improvement.
- Assist BDAs & BAs to implement recommendations on learnings/insights within businesses, helping them to navigate challenges, make sound business decisions and achieve their business/growth goals
- Connect clients to otherInkomoko services, including access to finance, training, advocacy and market linkages
- Manage the schedule and delivery of services throughout client engagements
- Provide the training using Inkomoko training materials in English, Amharic, Somali, Oromo & any additional language as required within the area of operation
- Coordinate with the training and field teams in organizing training logistics, field activities such focus group activities, refresher trainings and training supplies ensuring all are within budget
- Ensure up-to-date the clients’ business information is collected and shared in an accurate manner using the applicable project management tools.
- Support and coordinate with the MEL, training and admin teams on location activities
COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING (10% time)
- Regularly track and report on the progress of client work and project deliverables, gathering learnings/insights and reporting to management for improvement.
- Review & submit weekly, monthly and quarterly program reports in a timely manner.
- Communicate program priorities/details to clients, in line with Inkomoko policies.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field
- u200bExperience in consulting, business planning, and providing business advice
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Excel, Word, Kobo-Collect and Odoo
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good presentation and training skills
- Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- Good at translation from English to local languages (Amharic, Arabic), would be an advantage
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/Accounting or related field
- Ready to reside in Addis Ababa
We are looking for candidates who will navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, a sense of humor, and imagination. The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
What You’ll Get
This role is inside a high-growth, mission-driven social enterprise. By joining, you’ll access:
- Competitive salary, and potential Goal-based bonus
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth
- Diverse colleagues and policies that show our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Talented, passionate, and committed team colleagues across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact to your community
- Generous health insurance, staff savings, parental leave, sabbatical, and more benefits.
How to Apply
If you’re excited about this role, please submit your application through the application portal-inkomoko-job-portal.
Tell us about what you’ll bring to this growing company.
Inkomoko is committed to justice, diversity, equity and inclusion. As we seek to reflect the communities we serve, refugees and women are strongly encouraged to apply. As a company we have policies that ensure fair treatment in the application process.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Employment is conditional upon successful background checks and other verification as needed.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and background screening checks. Inkomoko also participates in theInter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual misconduct, fraud, or abuse. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.