Website Frontieri Consult P.L.C
Company Name:* Frontieri Consult P.L.C
Posted Date: 2024-01-22
Job Type: Full time
#Business Development, Consultancy and Training, Development and Project Management
About Frontieri:Frontieri Consult PLC, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, has been a key player in consulting since 2008. We’re not just local; we have branches in Juba, South Sudan, and Berlin, Germany. Our focus? Research and consulting across various development areas for governmental, non-governmental, bilateral, and multilateral organizations.
We’ve got a stellar team of researchers here in Ethiopia, collaborating globally on projects in Social Protection, Development, Education, and Health. Check out www.frontieri.com for the full scoop.
But that’s not all. We’re on a mission to transform ourselves and make a mark globally. East Africa and beyond, here we come! And we’re looking for a Senior Business Development Officer to join the adventure.
At Frontieri, our diverse workforce covers Agriculture, Economics, Health, Education, and more. We’re all about innovative thinking and thought leadership, pooling our bright minds for some serious on-the-ground, data-backed research. And yes, we’ve built a culture that cares about your well-being, personal growth, and career advancement. Because at Frontieri, we believe in nurturing talent and making a real impact.
The Senior Business Development Officer is responsible for supporting the business development team in its efforts to identify, qualify, and close new business opportunities. The Senior Business Development Officer will work closely with the business development director to research and analyze market data, develop and execute sales strategies, and build relationships with potential clients.
General Duties and Responsibilities of the Senior Business Development Officer
1. Strategic growth, marketing, and business development activities
- Take a leading role in the identification of opportunities to develop and strengthen relationships to advance research and advisory work
- Identify business opportunities and potential partnerships and seek opportunities for service offering diversification.
- Provide strategic insight useful for firms’ successful business development efforts and present market research along with detailed client profiles
- Direct activities to introduce different campaigns and pitches to make decisions that will drive and assure Frontieri’s growth.
- Guide in developing proposals and presentations and building internal and external relationships with potential clients and partners
- Publicize and network to convey the firm’s expertise and project portfolios, enhancing visibility.
- Identify new business opportunities and potential clients through market analysis, staying updated on industry trends and service requirements.
- Contribute to the design of marketing strategies for geographical and service diversification.
- Contribute to continuous networking and client relationship-building efforts to support firm growth.
- Assist in market research to identify and map new service offerings, ensuring sustainable firm growth.
- Negotiate and finalize deals following the company’s contract guidelines and policies.
2. Partnership and Client Relationship Management
- Engage in project-based and other partnership activities with individual consultants and prominent consulting firms.
- Follow up on partnership initiatives, collaborations, and networking, providing regular progress reports.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with existing partners, proposing innovative ways to enhance collaboration.
- Draft and prepare Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) and contractual agreements related to partnerships.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for existing clients, implementing a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management.
- Search for projects, screen, and contribute to the development of proposal components, including assembling key research teams, preparing CVs, customizing company experience, and submitting bids ensuring compliance with client and organizational requirements throughout.
- Compile the company’s experience for Expressions of Interest and BID documents, aligning with client requirements.
4. Communication and Collaboration
- Engage in continuous communication and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, including business partners, consultants, potential partners, and senior management.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under stress, manage multiple assignments, and meet deadlines through effective prioritization and organization.
- Adhere to organizational core values, policies, work rules, and procedures in daily activities.
- Handle any other activities as required by the Division Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- MA Degree in Business Administration, Marketing Management, Business Management, Economics, Development Studies, or related fields.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Mandatory excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of creativity, adaptability, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Business acumen and competency to identify new opportunities.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
Technical and Other Skills
- Collaborative team player with problem-solving and decision-making traits.
- Outstanding writing, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office package and research software (Stata, SPSS, etc.).
- Effective change management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive and self-driven with a passion for driving organizational growth.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their application/ motivation letters along with their updated CV via email; at email@example.com by mentioning the position title on the subject line.