Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
Company NAme: Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
Posted Date: 2023-09-14
Job Type:Full time
Position: Senior HR Manager
Term of Employment: One Year with the possibility of extension
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Application Deadline: September 24, 2023
The Senior HR Senior Manager oversees all aspects of human resources practices and procedures such as recruitment and selection, employment contract, compensation & benefits, staff relations, etc functions of Human Resources Management. The Senior HRSenior Manageris responsible for the provision of Human Resource Services, develops and regularly reviews polices, procedures, processes and programs that are related to employee-employer relations, staff benefits and compensations, organization code of conduct and ensuring compliance to Institutional policies and government employment laws.
The Senior Manager designs & implements HR strategies and initiatives that enable the Insititute to attract, retain, compensate and engage its workforce to meet its current and future talent needs.
The position holder, in consultation with the leadership, develops annual HR plan and set hiring priority. The Senior Manager is also responsible for ensuring consistent and fair policy implementation and regulatory compliance.
The Senior Manager reports to the Director – Human Resources.
MAIN ROLES RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy, Policies and Procedures
- Designs HR strategies such as talent retention, talent utilization, employee engagement, inclusion and diversity and effectively implement,
- Leads the development and review of HR-related policies, processes, and procedures,
- Advise the ATA management in understanding and implementing recruitment and selection strategy, policies and procedures,
- Creates staff and management awareness on policies, processes, and procedures aiming smooth, fair, and consistent implementation,
- Assisting line managers to help them understand and implement policies and procedures, support developing and reviewing policies on issues such as working conditions, grievance procedures, staff welfare, and disciplinary procedures; interpreting and advising on employment legislation,
- Develops and regularly review Staff Health and Safety guideline to ensure safe and condusive physical working environment,
- In consultation with the ATI management, develops the organization annual HR plan and set hiring priority, timeline and ensures its implementation,
- Participats in the job analysis, job evaluation and updating of job grading structure; in setting minimum educational and experience required for each job grade and pay structure,
- Advises and supports hiring managers to ensure timely deployment of staff in line with the hiring and annual HR plan,
- Identify professional sourcing partners and establish working frameworks with the best source
- Regularly conduct labour market assessment and recommend the best employee sourcing mechanism,
- Directs, coordinates and ensures timely issuance, renewal, and termination of staff employment contract as per the ATI HR policy,
- Ensure work permits and other relevant procedures for expat staffs are smoothly handled.
- Advise supervisors and staff on legal implications of HR related decisions and legal issues in consultation the ATI legal advisor,
Compensation and Benefit Managemnet
- Designs/updates an overall staff compensation, benefits, and retention plans, ensure planned provisions of contracts terms are aligned to relevant legislations,
- Conduct comepensation and benefit survey, as appropriate, and recommends competitive packge that positions the organization with its competitors /likeminded organizations or in the market,
- Ensure that staff compensation and benefit packages are implemented fairly and consistently,
Recruitment & Selection:
- Organize and manage recruitment and selection processes in the organization and ensure talented candidates who fit the job requirement are recruited and deployed on time. This involves supporting the management or hiring managers in designing clear and high-quality Terms of References/job descriptions and person specifications that could attract the right applicants from the pool; posting job adverts on the right media, leading the setting of screening/selection criteria, making fair & merit-based selection decision,
- Design and implement the competency-based interviewing framework and train management on conducting a competency-based interview,
- Ensure that sufficient time is given to shortlisted candidates for interview/exam,
- Direct, coordinate and ensure timely referencing, job offer, staff contracting and deploying,
Legal and Compliance
- Ensures consistent and fair implementation and compliance of the Institution’s Policies government employment laws/legislation,
- Ensure that all the recruitment and selection process are in line with the legal requirement or compliance with the country employment law/legislation,
- Compile and provide timely feedback for grievances of candidates or applicants,
- Listening to grievances of employees, facilitate and follow up of employee requests and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Working closely with Leadership and individual staff and ATI Disciplinary/Grieviance committees on advisory role of staff relations,
- Organize and manage various HR related communications in the organization and ensures all staff are getting updated information on Human Resource policy that guides supervisors on the way they manage their staff and staff that requires adherence to and to act as per the organization culture.
- Regularly share HRM related changes/updates to staff and leadership on timely manner,
- Ensure recruitment and selection panelists’ interview and agreement notes, and administrative records are maintained for each filled post,
- Ensure personnel forms, confirmation letter, employment contracts, job description, any personnel documentation required at recruitment are properly documented,
- Ensure that recruitment and selection progress tracking database is timely updated and maintained,
- Ensure 100% data quality of human resources database in hard copy and online.
- Closely work with other HR functions of the HR team and provides professional support to ensure horizontal integration and to build a strong HR team.
- Perform other related functions as directed by the supervisor.
- B.A or Master’s degree in HR Management and Development, Management, or other relevant fields of study,
- Minimum 10 years (BA degree) or 8 years (Masters) of relevant hands-on experience in Human Resource Management,
- Rich experience in understanding, interpreting, and applying employment laws and Institutional Policies,
- Experience in designing HR strategies, identifying short and long-term HR requirements & developing plans,
- Highly facilitative, culturally sensitive, collaborative, and supportive attitude and management style,
- Participating on Strategic HRM related training and experience in facilitating training/orientation is essential,
- Strong computer software application proficiency in Ms-excel, Ms-word; experience in managing Human Resources Information System, Enterprise Respources Planning(ERP) is an advantage,
- Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty, and desire to be of service,
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment, with an emphasis on high performance, teamwork, accountability and a results-oriented attitude,
- Ability to work with and build relationships with a diversified team,
- Proactive and able to work in a stressful and challenging environment with minimum support,
- Excellent analytical, leadership, and data collection skills,
- Fluency in English and Amharic is essential,
- Excellent adaptive problem-solver in challenging environments,
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a CV (maximum 5 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.