Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
Company NAme: Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
Posted Date: 2023-09-15
Job Type:Full time
Position: Senior officer, Graphics and Web Development
Term of Employment: One year with a possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Application Deadline: September 25, 2023
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Institute (ATI) was established by the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) to identify systemic bottlenecks, conduct studies and provide recommendations, provide implementation support, manage projects, create linkages and coordination among activities and agricultural development programs. The Institute is a strategy and delivery-oriented government institute created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATI envisions to be the leading center of innovative solutions to catalyze and contribute to the transformation of the Ethiopian Agriculture by 2030, when smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience, and sustainability.
ATI provides a unique platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector.
The programmatic focus of the Institute responds to a core set of needs identified by the Ministry of Agriculture and other sectors along commodity value chains. Across the programs, the ATI engages public, private, and non-governmental stakeholders to support strategic planning, manage and strengthen implementation capacity and test innovative models. Currently, ATI is tasked to coordinate the revised Agriculture and Rural Development policy agendas of the sector and such sectoral level delegation requires high level expertise in the policy areas and skillsets in coordination and networking with multiple stakeholders.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATI, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution to changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Senior Officer, Graphics and Web Development is a position in the ATI Communications Team. The Senior Officer, Graphics and Web Development will be responsible for the overall design and illustrative/graphic/visuals for internal and external use. S/he will also be responsible for the design, development and management of web and social media pages. S/he will work across all areas of the organization as a branding, design, and outreach generalist, and will work with the Communications Director to shape and manage ATI’s brand management initiatives and strategic communications support to program/project teams. In particular, the Senior Officer, Graphics and Web Development will develop and drive the ATI’s activities on template management, brand oversight, social media promotion and outreach campaigns. S/he will also work with the Senior Communications Officer to provide operational support and assistance to ATI’s internal and external communications efforts.
The successful applicant will have a passion for graphics design coupled with entrepreneurism and pragmatism to execute at a tactical level. S/he should also demonstrate a genuine commitment to working in a team and assisting the organization with its progressive transformation agenda. The position will report to the Communications Director, with strong potential for advancement. This role presents a unique opportunity to work directly with the ATI Communications Director and Senior Management Team and mobilize stakeholders within an exciting national and international context.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Create broad range of high-quality communications materials, both printed and electronic, providing layout and design;
- Lead all ATI brand management, branding of projects, including designing, liaising with teams, procurement of vendors, and printers;
- Produce and edit high resolution images and videos;
- Manage the brand aspect of ATI’s social media presence;
- Support the monitoring, analysis and evaluation of communications efforts and help to identify new communications approaches and opportunities;
- Organize and oversee the planning and execution of successful outreach activities, (social) marketing initiatives, and branding efforts for the ATI as a whole and for specific project needs;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media representatives, advertising and design agencies, printing companies, and similar communications-related industries to ensure successful support to communication activities that contribute to ATI’s mission;
- Ensure consistent guidelines are made available for ATI staff to use in maintaining the ATI visual brand identity, from generic templates to brand manuals;
- Manage ATI’s digital media platforms;
- Conduct social media monitoring, following and flagging trends, to assess engagement;
- Follow up on responses to ATI’s social media platforms;
- Devise ways of increasing followership and engagement;
- Liaise closely with the Communications Director, Senior Communication Officer, the CEO, and other senior management in communicating key organizational messages and reporting on communications activities; and
- Lend support to the ATI Partnerships and Government Relations Teams to engage key stakeholders (including the Government of Ethiopia, development partners, and the media).
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Development, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, International Relations, or a related field of study with 6 years or 4 years relevant experience respectively.
- Self-motivated, team-player with proven ability to contribute to organizational success at a strategic level and project manage a team at an operational level in large, complex organizations.
- First-rate written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of MS Office applications, including MS PowerPoint
- Sophisticated stakeholder engagement skills with a proven track record dealing with government bodies, development agencies, media, and the general public.
- Outstanding organization, time management, budgeting, and computer skills.
- Strong professional commitment and orientation within the agriculture and/or development sectors.
- Fluency in written and spoken English as well as Amharic.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a CV (maximum 5 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
It is mandatory to mention the position title under the subject line of your cover letter.
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.