Center of Concern
Company NAme: Center of Concern
Posted Date: 2023-09-14
Job Type:Full time
Salary: As per the organization Scale
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Center of Concern is a registered national non-governmental organization working on multi-sectral development, Human Rights, Peace Building & Emergency Response.
Center of Concern is looking for a competent Social Worker for the “Education and Child Protection Integrated Program” to be implemented in, Hammer, Gangatom and Dassenech Weredas in partnership with Save the Children.
Required: Three /3/
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Hammer, Nyangatom and Dassenech Weredas
Application Deadline: Sep 22, 2023
Term of Employment: One year contract with a possibility of extension based on the performance
The Social Worker will be responsible to running the day-to-day activities of the project (planning, implementation, reporting and communication). S/he is also responsible to conduct assessment of each target beneficiary and develop a plan accordingly; Carry out project activities, particularly with the guidance of the Project Coordinator.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct identification, assessment, documentation and referral (to relevant services) and follow-up of protection cases.
- Carry out case management activities for children who are at risk other children at risk or victims of child abuse and SGBV.
- Facilitate alternative care arrangement including placement of children in foster or kinship care arrangements and regularly follow up their situations.
- Provide information, advice and facilitate access to social services for vulnerable children
- Conduct home visits to follow-up on interventions with families.
- Properly document all protection cases that went through the case management process
- Work as a case manager or case management focal person at Woreda level.
- Conduct vulnerability analysis in line with Save the Children vulnerability assessment toolkit and define targets for case management services
- Map and coordinate with service providers to support case management activities
- Perform outreach activities in the intervention areas covered by the project, including community-based awareness raising sessions.
- Actively participate on identification of community based child protection mechanisms, capacity gaps and participate in building their capacity.
- Build the capacity of children, families and community to collectively engage on identified issues.
- Facilitate multi sectorial linkages at Woreda level to prevent, protect and respond to child protection risks.
- Facilitate and provide trainings, workshops for community members, and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with key stakeholders at woreda level and community-based child protection structures to provide psychosocial support for children.
- Assists Child Protection Officer/ Child Protection Case Management Officer in overseeing implementation of Project activities
- Document best practices of the project activities and share with the project team.
- Performs other related activities as assigned by his immediate supervior
- BA degree in social work, psychology or sociology and 4 years of other relevant work experience in NGO specifically experienced in child protection, migration works, and community-based child protection mechanisms in NGO environment is preferable
- Experience in delivering case management, community sensitization/mobilization, and psychosocial support.
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with team
- Fluency in English, writing and speaking
- knowledge of local language is plusable
- Knowledge of local culture, langues and community values
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their non-returnable application letter, CV, academic credentials and other supporting documents before the deadline to the following address.
Hawassa, Haik Dar Sub City, Gudumale Kebele (05), Red Cross Compound in person
Hawassa, Haik Dar Sub City, Gudumale Kebele (05), Red Cross Compound P.Box: 1920 or
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.